Genesis HealthCare Careers
Administrative Unit Manager
Concord, New Hampshire
This position has 24-hour accountability and is responsible for supporting the delivery of high-quality and cost-effective health care while achieving positive clinical outcomes, and patient/family and employee satisfaction. The Administrative Manager performs the responsible supervisory and professional administrative work in directing and coordinating all unit activity in conjunction with Unit Nurses. The individual must have advanced administrative ability and supervisory experience. The work requires behavioral and conceptual skills, ability to motivate others, and role clarity. The Administrative Manager is adaptable, flexible and creative, exercising good judgment in problem solving and unusual occurrences. The work is carried out according to the standards of Center policies, rules and regulations, and state and federal regulations.
1. Verifies daily staffing and supports the scheduler to call in replacement staff as necessary.
2. Collaborates with charge nurses daily to exchange information regarding resident concerns (e.g., admissions, discharges, transfers, communicates interdepartmental concerns)
3. Makes environmental rounds to assess unit needs;
4. Assists in assuring a safe and sanitary environment for residents, employees, and visitors.
5. Greets visitors to the units, greets new admissions and initiates the process of admission on the unit;
6. Places calls, answers telephones, directs calls, takes messages, faxes as required.
7. Schedules appointments and arranges transportation on residents' behalf as it relates to continued medical care.
8. Prepares discharge charts for medical records;
9. As directed performs chart audits and reports deficiencies.
10. Completes daily staffing sheets, and follows Center policy in communicating to appropriate departments; Assists in the Labor Management process of the center.
11. Participates in Center committees and QAPI programs;
12. Attempts to resolve resident concerns upon receipt. Keeps Center Executive Director, Center Nurse Executive and/or licensed staff informed of concerns and solutions.
13. Collaborates with the Center Nurse Executive and Staffing scheduler to maintain nursing coverage to provide safe nursing care for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
14. Collaborates with other departments to provide timely effective care consistent with individuals' needs, choices and preferences;
15. Promotes a culture of safety to ensure a health practice and living environment;
16. Conducts regular staff meetings on each shift and provides updates to Center Nurse Executive;
17. Determines that proper procedures are employed in the absence of administrative staff to assure a safe work place and living environment for staff, residents, and visitors;
18. Monitors the daily scheduling of patient activities to effectively utilize existing manpower limiting use of overtime and agency personnel;
19. Creates an environment of teamwork that supports each discipline to work at the top of their license and or certification;
20. Collaborates with the Center Nurse Executive in the development of and delivery of implementing the Individual Performance Improvement Plan for staff whose performance does not meet center expectations, and when necessary, recommends or initiates disciplinary action
21. Puts customer service first: Ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights;
22. facilitates positive resident and family communications;
23. Participates in Center meetings such as Utilization Management, Quality Improvement, Safety Committee.
24. Submits requests for the budget;
25. Performs other duties as requested.
Care Assignments Coordination:
1. Ensures patient care assignments are consistent with staff competencies, scope of practice and the needs of the patients.
2. Ensure timely and accurate compliance of the MDS process and that it aligns with the patient's plan of care;
3. Ensure Point Click Care (PCC) is utilized according to the Business Processes;
4. Places calls to physicians as requested by nursing. Coordinates calls to reduce frequency of MD calls.
5. Submits medication orders as directed by nursing;
6. Ensures unit properly stocked with nursing supplies and OTC medications
7. Validates that patient's attending physician and family or responsible party are promptly notified of any significant change in the patient's health condition;
8. Creates an environment that is respectful, team oriented and responsive to the concerns of staff, patients and families;
9. Coordinates communication between licensed nursing staff and CNAs during and between shifts;
10. Participates in shift-to-shift communication between incoming and outgoing nursing staff;
11. Ensures discharge planning process is in place;
12. Ensures complete and prompt reporting of incidents, accidents, and adverse events to Center Executive Director and Center Nurse Executive;
13. Participates in investigating patient/family complaints and takes appropriate actions to bring to resolution.
1. Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of quality improvement activities for the Center and/or unit as requested;
2. Prepares written reports, reviews records and participates in needed data collection as indicated;
3. Ensures that patient's accident/incident, adverse event and grievances/concerns are fully documented, investigated, reported and addressed in accordance with Genesis policies and procedures and the Federal/State rules and regulations;
4. Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive Protected Health Information (PHI) at all times;
5. Performs other related duties as required.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. CMA ( AAMA) 1.1 Graduate of Certified Medical Assistant Program 1.1.1 OR C.N.A, 5 years' experience and demonstrated organizational skills 1.1.2 OR AD related health field 2. Successful completion of experience in leadership 3. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs. 4. Must provide verification of TST (tuberculin skin test) as required by state law and in accordance with Company policy. TSTs will be administered at the work site if required.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 225710
Center Name: Pleasant View Center