Genesis HealthCare Careers
Bookkeeper-Center Payroll (Full Time)
The Bookkeeper must be familiar with company policies and procedures related to accounts payable, accounts receivable, imprest accounts and resident trust accounts. The Bookkeeper processes Center information and sends it to Corporate in a timely manner. He/She interfaces with the Administrator, Business Office Manager, Regional Business Office Coordinator, and any corporate support personnel.
1. Assists with accounts receivable processes in accordance with policies and procedures;
2. Assists with imprest account processes in accordance with policies and procedures;
3. Assists with resident trust account processes in accordance with policies and procedures;
4. Processes information according to predetermined deadlines;
5. Assists with Accounts Payable in accordance with policies and procedures; 6. Puts customer service first: Ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals- needs and rights;
7. Assists with patient programs as requested.
8. Performs other duties as requested.
The following responsibilities apply in locations where the bookkeeper is directly involved in the payroll/benefits function of the center. Please verify with your supervisor if these responsibilities are included in your role.
1. Acts as Benefits Designee (if no HR Manager).
2. Processes payroll in accordance with policies and procedures.
3. Processes and maintains all personnel records and files.
4. Processes all payroll and personnel reports.
JOB SKILLS: 1. Able to use standard office equipment and have basic computer skills. 2. Able to interpret/apply departmental procedures. l3. Able to handle confidential information. 4. Able to interpret and/or successfully participate in the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the business department. 5. Able to positively interact with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.6. Provide annual verification of negative tuberculin (TB) skin test, as required by state law.. PERFORMS RELATED DUTIES: 1. Interact with residents, families, visitors, Center and Genesis subsidiary personnel.2. Carries out other tasks, as requested, in situations where hands-on intervention/participation may be required. SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. High school degree or equivalent with a minimum of two (2) years experience in business office procedures. 2. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language EEO/AA, M/F, Vet, Disabled
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 274116
Center Name: The Heights Center