Genesis HealthCare Careers
Assistant Business Office Manager (Full Time)
Genesis HealthCare is one of the nation-s largest skilled nursing care providers with more than 400 skilled nursing centers and assisted living residences in 28 states nationwide. Genesis also supplies rehabilitation therapy to over 1,500 healthcare providers in 46 states. And right now, we have openings near you. So apply today. For a remarkable candidate like you, it-s a remarkable opportunity. Genesis Hopkins Center is seeking a highly motivated, compassionate, and reliable individual for our split position as Social Services Assistant/ Assistant Business Office Manager. This is full-time position shared between the Social Services and Business Office Departments. This position reports to two (2) Managers.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Social Services Assistant/ Assistant Business Office Manager will be responsible for performing administrative support activities required for delivery of services from patient admission through discharge and will assist the Business Office Manager in processing center billing information into the billing computer system, collection of delinquent accounts, and all other Business Office functions as required. The Social Services Assistant's primary responsibility is to support social services staff calling families, taking and resolving concerns, assisting residents and their families, mailing notices for any family/resident involved meetings. The Assistant Office Manager interfaces with the Administrator, Office Manager/Customer Relations Financial Manager, Regional Business Office Coordinator, Payroll/AP Coordinator, Admissions, Receptionists, other center department heads and regional support staff.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
At least two (2) years' experience working in long term care. Requires demonstrated professional knowledge and skills necessary to plan, organize, and develop support services for our current residents and their families; the ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with residents, families, and staff; knowledge of the inquiry and admissions process; effective verbal and written English communication;
Job Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Assist in all needs assigned by the Social Services Director
- Works work patients/residents, families, and significant others to provide support and information for taking a more proactive role in self advocacy to improve the quality of life/care for individual patient/residents.
- Assists in the completion of care plans and psychosocial assessments.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Coordinates care plan meetings with families.
- Helps resolve concerns of Resident and/or family.
- Makes room changes when necessary.
- Timely completion of psychosocial assessments upon admission and progress notes which are updated on a quarterly basis.
- Become familiar with company policies and procedures related to billing, month end activities, accounts receivable, census, ancillaries, resident funds, Medical assistance application process, A/P and Payroll (per facility needs).
- Assist with coordinating and processing ancillaries, census, interim and private advance billing, month end billing and related activities, adjustments, private spend down UDA-s, admission files, refunds, and adjustments.
- Processes information according to predetermined deadlines.
- Assist with meeting residents and/or responsible parties to review financial obligations, collect private funds, and assist with other financial related paperwork, primarily at time of admission or upon payer change.
- Assist with processing and monitoring of all Resident Fund procedures.
- Assist with the accounts receivable collections of past due accounts, making collection calls, sending letters, direct deposit processing and documenting collection activity in collection module. Prepare for and attend AR reviews as requested.
- Assist as needed with Medical Assistance Application process and MA Pending UDAs.
- Assist in responding to SARSU biller questions and requests
- Assigned to Manager on Duty Rotation
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Specific educational/vocational requirements: 1. High School Degree with two (2) years' experience in Long Term Care or human services. 2. Experience in Long Term Care billing and collections is preferred. 3. Additional course work in accounting finance is recommended. 4. Any certification/licensure required by state regulations.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 275358
Center Name: Hopkins Center