Genesis HealthCare Careers
Center Human Resources Manager (Full Time)
The Center Human Resources Manager advocates the Genesis Core Belief - Our Employees are the vital link between Genesis Healthcare and our patients and residents -- at the service location.
The Center HR Manager works collaboratively with the Center Executive Director, Director of Nursing, Department Heads, Regional Human Resources Manager/Director and Corporate Support to develop a work environment that positions Genesis as "the employer of
choice" and endeavors to create a work culture committed to the Mission, Vision, Core Beliefs and Values of the organization. Success is measured in terms of employee satisfaction, development, retention, and achievement of the Company established excellence goals and key performance indicators as reflected on the Corporate Scorecard.
The Center HR Manager guides Center Leadership through the Center Talent Acquisition process -- attract, screen, interview, select, certify and welcome, as well as the Talent Management process -- set expectations, coach, recognize, develop, evaluate and reward.
The Center HR Manager fairly and consistently enforces Genesis Human Resources policies and procedures, pay practices and collective bargaining agreements if applicable.
The Center HR Manager indirectly reports to Regional Manager/Director, Human Resources to accomplish Staff Excellence goals. The indirect relationship includes but is not limited to:
o Clarification of roles and responsibilities;
o Advice and direction relating to center performance improvement;
o Development and coaching in employee relations skills;
o Guidance through ongoing communication and collaboration to achieve established goals and to initiate activities which will drive results.
1. Demonstrates the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. Maintains personal employee information including but not limited to medical, pay, demographic, discipline, schedule preferences, accommodation requests, family matters, in the strictest confidence. Protects company confidential information.
2. Maintains current working knowledge of Company policies and procedures, pay practices, employee benefits, employment laws (i.e. ADA, FMLA, FLSA) and communicates regularly with employees to promote understanding and utilization.
3. Coordinates center applicant flow processes from sourcing through selection. Coordinates all center hiring needs with Recruiting. Conducts initial interview of job applicants. Completes reference checks, criminal background checks and ensures that applicant drug tests and physicals are completed along with all other necessary pre-employment paperwork.
4. Manages and participates in bi-weekly Welcoming Program. Ensures all new employees are trained in time clock practices and creates employee badge.
5. Administers the Benefits and Compensation programs at the center. Ensures all information is disseminated, collected and processed according to deadlines. Liaises with Corporate Benefit Services to address employee issues/inquiries. Provides competitive wage information to Regional HR Manager.
6. Conducts Basic Computer Training (equipment, login, keyboarding, and system navigation) for all new employees. Provides additional support to employees to ease transition to automated work environment.
7. Establishes and monitors Performance Evaluation Schedule (including 90 day and annual reviews) for all employees. Counsels managers and supervisors proactively in effective performance management techniques to improve employee retention and productivity.
8. Directs employees to appropriate resources in response to employee needs and/or requests,
e.g. Genesis Employee Foundation, EAP, The Work Number (for Income/Wage Verifications), Benefits Department (for LOA, FMLA), Employee Self-Service (to update personal information), etc.
9. Partners with Center Management Team and Regional Human Resources in the planning, administration and follow-up of the Employee Survey Process.
10. Investigates causes of employee disputes and grievances and recommends corrective action.
11. Creates and maintains individual personnel files/records (manual and electronic) as well as Center employee-related files/records including Benefit Accruals, Service Date Adjustments, Licensure/Certification/Education, OSHA, Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Claims, and Employee Health/Medical Records (i.e. Drug Testing, CPR, Hep B, PPD, Physicals, FMLA) according to policy and legal standards. Ensures the quality, accuracy and timeliness of the information.
12. Coordinates Center programs, e.g. Safety, Workers' Compensation, Employee Recognition, Employee Communications (Corporate - Big Blue Board, Corporate Integrity, other, government mandated and center-related), and Special Events.
13. Supports corporate change initiatives/projects at the Center level. Participates in delivery of training programs.
14. May represent the center at unemployment hearings and workers' compensation hearings.
15. Fairly and consistently ensures compliance with Genesis policies and procedures.
16. Acts as Back-Up to Center Scheduling Manager.
17. Participates in Center Manager on Duty Program based on center protocol.
18. Performs other duties as required.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 280031
Center Name: Inglemoor Center