Genesis HealthCare Careers
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Full Time)
POSITION SUMMARY: Serves and assists residents in a manner conductive to their safety and comfort, under the direction of a licensed nurse. Assists licensed nurses in admitting, discharging, transferring and caring for residents. Coordinates scheduling of residents therapeutic services. The nurse assistant is responsible for maintaining neat and clean resident care and work environment.
1. Provide direct care to the more acutely ill residents.
2. Obtain clean linens and supplies; clean utility rooms, kitchen areas and all other nursing areas as assigned.
3. Handle and serve residents in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort, under the direction of a licensed nurse.
4. Perform all duties in accordance with established methods, techniques and recognized standards.
5. Assist licensed nurses in admitting, admitting assessments, discharging, transferring and caring for the residents personal belongings.
6. Performs ADLSs
7. Coordinates scheduling for residents requiring OT, PT, and ST
8. Take and record weights, blood pressures, temperatures, pulse and respiration
9. Provide skin care treatments as permitted by state regulation
10. Apply simple clean dressings, slings, stockings and support bandages under direction of a licensed nurse
11. Clean resident equipment and maintain clean resident conditions and report on resident status or family concerns to a licensed nurse.
12. Help to orient and mentor new nursing assistants
13. Ensure that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere, which recognizes the individuals needs and rights
14. Performs other duties as requested.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 288988
Center Name: Circleville Center