Genesis HealthCare Careers
Asst-Administrative Nursg Unit (Full Time)
Under the direction of The Resident Care Director, Charge Nurse, the Unit Administrative Assistant performs administrative support activities required for documenting and coordinating care from patient admission through discharge. The Unit Administrative Assistant's primary responsibility is clerical to support nursing staff with the goal to optimize professional care service provided to our residents.
The Unit Administrative Assistant is also responsible for managing the Unit by keeping the area stocked, orderly and standard-ready.
The Unit Administrative Assistant may work varying work schedules based on the center needs.
Greeting/Welcoming Resident and Others:
Prepare pendants for the resident and the resident's room/equipment
1. Communicate with staff via intercom systems/radio systems.
2. Send and receive documents via the fax machine.
3. Contact staff via telecommunication systems (i.e. pagers, cell phones).
4. Answer and process unit telephone calls.
Support nursing and transportation services in the scheduling, tracking and maintenance of internal and external healthcare provider appointments from admission through discharge:
* Prepare appropriate medical records for transportation with resident to external appointments.
* Schedule and coordinate family members and/or aides to accompany residents to appointments as needed.
* Performs other duties as requested.
1. Fax new medication orders and discharge medication orders to the pharmacy.
2. Track new admission medication orders with the pharmacy.
3. Fax Prior Authorization forms to physician for signature on orders and follow up to ensure timely submission. Fax signed Prior Authorization form along with date form was submitted.
4. Track open medication orders from pharmacy.
1. File diagnostic test result in the resident's medical record.
2. File consultative reports (i.e. behavioral health) in the resident's medical record.
3. Manage the resident's medical record (both paper and electronic) to assure timeliness of all components.
4. Assemble necessary forms and perform clerical tasks for resident's being transferred to an external facility.
5. Disassemble resident's records, place in appropriate order and send to the Medical Records department upon discharge or death.
6. Copy medical records as needed.
1. Maintain clerical supplies for the unit.
2. Stock paper for the fax machine.
3. Prepare admission charts for new patients prior to arrival.
4. Thin active paper charts as needed and according to policy.
5. Manage the nursing unit desk and keep the nursing unit neat and organized.
1. May serve as a back up to the Center receptionist as needed.
2. Prepare records and other documentation for center meetings as requested by the nursing staff.
3. Complete other duties as assigned by nursing.
1. Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited to those within the Compliance and Ethics Program, Standard/Code of Conduct, Federal False Claims Act and HIPAA.
2. Participates in required orientation and training programs.
3. Promptly reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance to supervisor, Compliance Liaison or to the Compliance Officer via the Integrity Hotline.
4. Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
5. Participates, as requested, in quality assurance and process improvement activities.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 290868
Center Name: Estrella Center