Genesis HealthCare Careers
Director-Program Behavioral (Full Time)
This position plans, develops, coordinates and supervises the Special Treatment Program and Day Treatment Intensive Program and other therapeutic activity programs which meet the needs and interests of each resident in the facility.
Essential Position Duties
1. Organizes and supervises the provision of rehabilitation activity groups to residents as needed.
2. Recruits, selects, interviews and hires rehabilitation therapists and counselors.
3. Supports a positive and professional image through leadership activities that emulate the organization-s mission statement and encourages a spirit of cooperation and teamwork with co-workers.
4. Supervises and directs subordinate employees in their work, in the interest of the employer, using independent judgment and discretion, regarding duties. Initiates and executes constructive discipline and performance evaluations in accordance with SunBridge Human Resource policies and procedures.
5. Provides orientation, on-going in-service training and continuing education on a regular basis for personnel.
6. Organizes and supervises the provision of activity groups and services of the Special Treatment Program (STP) and Day Treatment Intensive (DTI), including assessment, treatment planning and direct treatment services.
7. Monitors the quality of verbal reporting and written documentation of resident involvement and progress in the rehab activity program on a regular basis.
8. Coordinates the STP/DTI Program and other rehab services with the overall treatment schedule with other departments in the facility.
9. Coordinates and monitors the ordering, purchasing and maintenance of equipment and supplies of the department.
10. Monitors the order and safety of rehab group rooms and offices.
11. Coordinates community contacts for outings and services to be brought into the facility.
12. Supervises activities of volunteers to the Rehab Department.
13. Maintains and implements department policies and procedures; ensures staff compliance.
14. Reviews STP Program hours monthly and recommends activity treatment action for residents as necessary.
15. Represents or appoints rehab staff for serving on facility committees.
16. Supervises van scheduling, maintenance and inservice.
17. Responsible for security and accuracy of all departmental petty cash monies.
18. Reviews, approves and signs HS 231 documents.
19. Participates in budget development for the department and STP and DTI Programs and is responsible for its implementation and management.
20. Maintains an awareness of and support for facility marketing goals and efforts.
21. Attends mandatory in-services and department/facility meetings as required.
22. Participates in the facility Quality Assurance and CQI process. Serves on committees and develops/implements improvement.
23. Performs all duties and tasks as assigned.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 291926
Center Name: Laurel Park Behavioral Health