Genesis HealthCare Careers
Specialist-Behavioral I (Casual/Per Diem)
Assists in the OASIS Program implementation on weekends in accordance with the Group Programmning needs of the resident as directed by the OASIS Program Coordinator.
Essential Position Duties
1. Coordinates, assesses, organizes and oversees both large and small OASIS group programs on weekends, under the indirect supervision of the OASIS Program Coordinator/Director of Social Service.
2. Works directly with residents in establishing group goals and achieving highest level of functioning possible.
3. Maintains visual awareness of residents' physical and mental limitation and insures the safety of the residents at all times.
4. Keeps notified on condition of residents and treatment plan interventions by reading individual care plans.
5. Enlists the cooperation of nursing staff in participating in the OASIS Group Programs, as necessary.
6. Assist residents to and from Group Programs as needed.
7. Distributes monthly OASIS Program to participating residents.
8. Ensures documentation is accurate, informative and descriptive of the resident's condition, care provided and resident's response to care.
9. Proficiency in facilitating resident groups, recreational activities and training residents in basic ADL skills as needed.
10. Maintains professional relationships with staff, residents, families and visitors and is able to maintain resident confidentiality and foster trust and cooperation.
11. Ability to safely de-escalate a crisis situation per policy and to protect self and others from aggressive residents or other related situations.
12. Ability to assess and evaluate resident progress or regression as related to OASIS Group Program goals.
13. Physical strength necessary to implement crisis intervention techniques.
14. Ability to push residents in wheelchairs up and down hills and pursue eloping residents.
15. Ability to deal with stressful situations and changing priorities.
16. Monitors resident attendance at assigned groups and activities and maximizes resident participation through appropriate motivational techniques.
17. Assists residents when asked in communicating needs or filling out concern or grievance forms.
18. Keeps aware of resident's of which require special diets and keeps those in mind when offering incentives.
19. Attends mandatory in-services and center/department meetings as required.
20. Adheres to location and department/company policy and procedures.
21. Adheres to established HIPPA confidentiality standards of resident and client location information.
22. All other duties as assigned.
Position Type: Casual/Per Diem
Req ID: 291926
Center Name: Laurel Park Behavioral Health