Genesis HealthCare Careers
Administrative Assistant (hourly) (Part Time)
Beyond our highly competitive compensation and benefits -- key reasons why Genesis HealthCare has one of the industry's highest retention levels is our investment in our employees. You can trust that you will always be successful, no matter where your Genesis career takes you. Whether it's enhancing clinical skills or developing leadership capabilities we actively support your goals Apply today, make your mark and see just how extraordinary you can be.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant performs secretarial work of a responsible nature and relieves a supervisor of minor executive duties, including coordination of office services such as a personnel, budget preparation and control filing, maintenance of office in orderly fashion, records control, and special management tasks.
1. Handles confidential information with discretion.
2. Compiles reports and types general or technical material.
3. Composes correspondence and answers telephone for Administrator.
4. Maintains liaison with other departments and advises personnel therein regarding administrative matters.
5. Maintains administrative files.
6. Assist business office personnel in record keeping as required/directed.
7. Puts customer service first. Ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights.
8. Performs other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:1. Specific EducationalVocational Requirements: A High school diploma or equivalent with college business school coursework preferred.2. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs.3. Job Skills: a. Must be an effective communicator with excellent verbal and written skills. b. Must have well developed organizational skills. c. Must be able to exercise independent judgment within general guidelines. 4. Must posses the ability to positively interact with other employees and the general public. 5. Must have an in-depth knowledge of modern office practices, excellent typing skills, intermediate degree of proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet applications, knowledge of English, spelling and work usage. 6. Must have the ability to type 65-75 wpm.7. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs.8. Must provide verification of TST (tuberculin skin test) as required by state law and in accordance with Company policy. TSTs will be administered at the work site if required. Position Type:
Part TimeReq ID: