Genesis HealthCare Careers
Director-Rgnl Business Development (Full Time)
Key field-based resource for developing, implementing and managing sales and marketing strategies to meet total census, mix and revenue in nursing centers and assisted living communities.
Partner with Regional Vice President (RVP) and team to identify total census and census mix barriers and develop strategies to eliminate or minimize internal census development barriers. With RVP, assess professional and community sales opportunities, identify and allocate area and center resources, and manage team sales plans to eliminate sales activity duplication and conserve organizational resources.
Directly supervise External Care Coordinators and supervise Center Admissions Staff through a dotted-line relationship to accomplish targeted QMix and Average Daily Census (ADC) goals. Supervision includes but is not limited to:
o Interview of all sales and marketing and admissions new hires and transfers;
o Jointly make hiring decisions;
o Review work to ensure compliance to productivity and performance standards;
o In collaboration with Center Leadership, evaluate and manage staff performance. Initiate action plans when necessary;
o Lead the development of sales, service and relationship management competency for Area and Center Staff;
o Participate in the annual performance review of center-based Admissions staff;
o Direct Center Admissions Staff in participation in Team Sales.
1. Lead Marketing and Sales personnel and support and coach center-based teams in development and implementation of sales and marketing plans that develop quantifiable objectives, target referral sources for sales call initiatives, and propose community awareness strategies.
2. Manage sales process within assigned territory to identify key accounts and develops sales strategies with assigned sales representatives.
3. Conduct sales calls to targeted referral sources with service site and/or cluster Sales staff. Provide feedback and coaching on sales call performance.
4. Consult with audiences including hospital, payor, and community agencies responsible for assessing and routing customer referrals into service locations and communicating Genesis HealthCare's product
5. Consult with Center Admissions Director to improve center admission performance. Develop plans to address admission barriers and ensure commitment and closure.
6. Implement and monitor market analysis and environmental analysis process at least once annually to gather competitor rates, census, mix, and program information. Communicate results to appropriate Operations and Marketing staff.
7. Conduct local market research as necessary to identify new program, strategic alliance and managed care relationship opportunities.
8. To ensure sales and marketing teams receive orientation and hands-on training sufficient to perform job responsibilities and meet job standards, conduct classroom or one-on-one orientation and training sessions for all Center and Area Sales - Marketing staff and service locations' Admissions (A) teams.
9. Use Genesis Core Operating System (PCC) to analyze inquiries, admissions, discharges, sales calls and other information, to communicate with Sales, Marketing and Operations management and to develop strategies to meet or exceed company goals.
10. Conduct cluster sales/marketing meetings and/or teleconferences as appropriate to review census development initiatives, targets and performance.
11. Implement reporting process and present performance results on a periodic basis to management and operations teams.
12. Participate in Operations financial reviews as requested.
13. Participate in corporate sales training programs as required.
14. Perform all related duties as requested.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 294749
Center Name: Genesis HealthCare