Genesis HealthCare Careers
Medicaid Liaison (Full Time)
Genesis HealthCare is one of the nation's largest skilled nursing care providers with more than 400 skilled nursing centers and assisted living residences in 28 states nationwide. Genesis also supplies rehabilitation therapy to over 1,500 healthcare providers in 46 states. And right now, we have openings near you.
Position Summary: This Position is responsible for handling a customer portfolio supporting multiple facilities within a designated Region. Medicaid Liaison will be responsible for working Pending Medicaid Applications and Re-determinations in order to ensure financial eligibility (accompanied by medical assessment progress) for the dates of service needed to secure valid Medicaid payer status.
1. Medical Assistance Applications - Re-determinations processing including processing of all appropriate forms applicable to that State per Policy - Procedure.
2. Meet with families/responsible party, per Policy - Procedure guidelines and determine and obtain paperwork needed to complete the Medicaid application
3. Monitor and document the progress of the pending Medicaid cases and Re-determinations in the PCC Collection Module per Policy.
4. Follow up with LDSS on status of cases per Policy.
5. Communicate timely to Center, REM - Reg. Mgr. any potential problem cases or non compliance by family/responsible parties.
6. Participate in RCM Weekly Meetings for assigned Centers to review all Med Pending cases.
7. Receive visit from Regional MA Specialist 2x's Month to review all Pending, Redertminations, and outstanding Medicaid issues.
8. Upload appropriate documentation to Miscellaneous Tab per Policy
9. Responds to case discontinuation and/ or denials by determining the action required which may include Appeal, Reapplication or Acceptance.
10. Maintains on site regular attendance as scheduled.
11. Performs other duties or projects as assigned by Manager.
Must have 1+ yrs. experience assisting customers in Nursing Homes with applying for Long Term Care Medicaid in the State of New Jersey and 1+ years' experience with accounts receivable/collections.
Ideal candidate will be detail oriented and be comfortable working with residents and their families to collect and review financial records such as bank statements, IRA's, annuities, etc.to assess Medicaid eligibility.
Strong communication and collaboration skills required to work closely with the center leadership and Business Office Manager.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 294818
Center Name: Genesis HealthCare