Genesis HealthCare Careers
Director-Environmental Services (Full Time)
RiverRidge Center offers a continuum of care including Post-Acute Brain Injury and Stroke Rehabilitation, as well as Transitional and Outpatient Rehabilitation Services. We are accredited by the Commissions on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities and contracted with the Veteran's Administration.
At Genesis HealthCare our employees are our most valuable resource. It is our responsibility to ensure that working at Genesis and RiverRidge Center is a positive and rewarding experience.
This position is Director of Environmental Services and will oversee all aspects of building maintenance, housekeeping and laundry. Experience in all 3 aspects of this position and a solid background working with external vendors and contractors is preferred.
If you are ready to join the exciting and challenging field of Neurorehabilitation, we are looking for you.
For more information, contact Beth Moore, Human Resources 207-467-2693 or email@example.com
Is responsible for the maintenance operation of the center, and he/she is responsible for performing repairs and maintenance on equipment. Other responsibilities of the director include ordering and requisitioning supplies and equipment as neeeded, performing regular daily, weekly and monthly maintenance checks, as show on "Preventive Mainenance Claendar", and assigning duties and work assisgments. The director follows established safety rules and policies and procedures of the maintenance department, keeps required records and sumbits them to the Center Executive Director and Property Manager when required and cooperates with other employees and department heads.
The director will manage all aspects of housekeeping and laundry operations. This aspect requires considerable familiarity with housekeeping/laundry equipment, the use of cleaning supplies, solving operational problems, diagnosing cause of malfunctioning equipment, and planning and laying out work. The director will perform the work of the employees on a releif basis as needed. The director will maintain the center in an orderly, clean, and sanitary condition and in processing linens, garments, and other washables through washing and drying cycles.
1. Plans, develops, organizes, implements, evaluates and directs the programs and activities of the maintenance, housekeeping and laundry departments.
2. Schedules work to be performed and regulates flow through various processes, such as call in replacements, and handles any disciplinary actions necessary in the departments
3. Reviews and evaluates the work performance of assigned personnel as well as counsel/discipline assigned personnel according to established company policy
4. Participates in and plans in-service programs as necessary
5. Attends department head meetings and performs on required committess
6. orders and requisitions supplies through approved process
7. Assumes responsibility for budget planning and cost control of Housekeeping, Laundry and Maintenance departments
8. Participates in and orients new employees
9. Maintains required records, as outlined in the pollicies and procedures
10. Assumes other positions/assists staff should a staffing shortage occur
11. Recruits, interviews and selects potential employees; plans and participates in retention activities.
12. Concerns his/herself with the safety of all center customers in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the center adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the center's fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current MSDS
13. Puts customer service first; ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individual's needs and rights.
14. Performs other duties as requested.
15. Assists in the maintenance and update of the Property/Plant assessment on an annual basis
16. Assists in the maintenance and update of the Center's Disaster Plan on an annual basis
1. Complies with and promotes adherence to applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited to those within the Compliance and Ethics Program, Standard/Code of Conduct, Federal False Claims Act and HIPPA
2. Provides leadership and support for the Compliance and Ethiscs Program within the Management area
3. Ensures timely and accurate reporting and responses to compliance-related issues and monitors the implementation of corrective action plans related to such issues.
4. Ensures that staff participates in orientation and training programs including but not limited to all required compliance courses and relevant policies and procedures, and that such training is properly documented. Participates in compliance and other required training programs.
5. Provides open lines of communication regarding compliance issues within management area and access to the Integrity Line and ensures that retaliation against staff who report suspected incidences of non-compliance to supervisor, Compliance Liaison or to the Compliance Officer via the Integrity Hotline.
6. Participaates in monitoring and auditing activities and investigations, and implementing quality assurance and performance improvement processes as needed.
7. Completes performance reviews and determines compensation and promotions based on the accomplishment of established standards that promote adherence to compliance and quality standards.
8. All other compliance issues as directed.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 295591
Center Name: River Ridge Center