Genesis HealthCare Careers
Laundry Aide (Full Time)
Genesis HealthCare is one of the nation's largest skilled nursing care providers with more than 400 skilled nursing centers and assisted living residences in 28 states nationwide. Genesis also supplies rehabilitation therapy to over 1,500 healthcare providers in 46 states.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Laundry Aide provides a variety of laundry duties in maintaining the nursing center in an orderly, sanitary condition and in collecting and laundering of linens, garments, and washables.
1. Assists in transporting laundry containers of soiled linen and clean linen carts;
2. Operates commercial and residential washing machines and dryers;
3. Loads soiled linen into washers and loads clean, wet linens into dryers;
4. Proceeds to fold clean, dry linen and place into clean carts;
5. Keeps accurate records of linen inventory;
6. Washes, dries, folds and distributes customer clothing;
7. Maintains equipment and the laundry areas, cleans and keeps areas in a neat, orderly and safe manner;
8. Follows all policies and procedures of the nursing center;
9. Checks stock and notifies supervisor of supply needs;
10. Delivers laundry as specified;
11. Puts Customer Service First: Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights;
12. Performs other duties as requested.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 296858
Center Name: Tygart Center