Genesis HealthCare Careers
Aide-Restorative Nurse (Full Time)
Nursing Open Interview Day at Huntington Place! NEW INCREASED RATES!
When: Wednesday, March 6th from 10am - 5pm
Where: Huntington Place (1775 Huntington Place Rockledge, FL 32955)
New increased rates*New Weekend Warrior Program Implemented - RN/LPNs earn an additional 4/hr and C.N.As earn an additional 3/hr*Full time, Part time, PRN available!
To RSVP or to learn more, please contact Amanda at Amanda.Dickerson@genesishcc.com
Under the direction of a licensed nurse, the Restorative Aide delivers efficient and effective restorative nursing care while achieving positive clinical outcomes and patient/family satisfaction. He/she will provide care within the standards of practice as accorded by Certification. The Restorative Aide functions under the direction of the licensed nurse and in consultation with Rehabilitation to promote the patient's ability to attain, and maintain his/her maximum functional potential and prevent decline.
1. Oversees, directs and participates in restorative programs initiated for individual patients;
2. Communicates with the Nursing and Rehabilitation Departments concerning goal setting and approaches to individual patient needs;
3. Participates in care planning process;
4. Provides safe restorative care;
5. Responsible for facilitating the transition of patients from skilled rehab services to the restorative programs;
6. Maintains accurate restorative nursing progress/documentation records on all patients participating in any restorative program;
7. Uses Point Click Care (PCC -- ADL POC) according to the Business Processes, if applicable;
8. Trains other direct care staff in restorative techniques and assists in providing that care;
9. Instructs and assists other direct care staff with the application of splints, braces, prosthetic appliances, and self-help devices to assure proper application and usage;
10. Notifies Nursing and/or Rehab of patients who may be experiencing a change in their level of functioning;
11. Maintains proficiency in using wheelchairs, walkers, canes, lifts, scales and other equipment used in the restorative programs, and is able to instruct others in their use;
12. Assists in communicating with patients and families concerning patient progress;
13. Uses Standard precautions when caring for all residents. Adheres to Contact and/or Droplet Precautions as indicated;
14. Promotes a culture of safety to ensure a healthy practice and living environment;
15. Collaborates and coordinates with other departments to provide timely effective care consistent with individual's needs, choices and preferences;
16. Contributes to an environment that is respectful, team-oriented, and responsive to the concerns of staff, patients and families;
17. Participates in quality improvement activities as requested;
18. May be requested to function as CNA if needed;
19. Stays and works beyond scheduled shift if needed to meet state staffing requirements and/or needs of patients;
20. Performs other duties as requested.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 297256
Center Name: Huntington Center