Genesis HealthCare Careers
Specialist-Clinical Quality (Full Time)
1. Supports the implementation of the Center's Quality Assurance Process Improvement (QAPI) to assure quality, safety and efficiency in clinical outcomes;
2. Supports the QAPI process by reviewing Quality Assurance Committee minutes, evaluating progress of QAPI teams, serving as a resource for problem solving, and supporting Center Executive Director and Center Nurse Executive to establish plans to assure compliance with established standards. Attends center Quality Assurance meetings as requested or as deemed necessary.
3. Provides resources and models/coaches application of compliance standards and audit tools to drive quality improvement.
4. In collaboration with the VPCO and Regional Vice President, provides appropriate level of support according to center needs and/or as requested by CED and/or CNE.
5. Attend area meetings as appropriate to present clinical updates.
6. At the request of Center leaders and/or Center support team members, facilitates/coaches and/or conducts periodic organizational assessments to identify nursing management succession planning issues and collaborates with Center Nurse Executive in developing and establishing succession action plans;
7. Upon request and/or as deemed necessary attends and actively participates with state and other regulatory surveys; coaches CNE and CED in survey management and the development of the Plan of Correction and IDRs.
1. Applying a servant leader approach, the CQS supports CNEs' problem solving to acheive Center goals, coaches to improve Center clinical performance, and delivers resources in rapid response to CNEs' needs that both support and grow their capabilities.
2. Supports and fosters an environment in collaboration with CNE in which each nursing team member practices to the top of her/his license, certification and/or skill set and role.
3. Models and coaches trusting, collaborative relationships between and with staff, peers, other disciplines/professionals and ancillary services.
4. Supports an environment conducive to opinion-sharing and coaches CNE to engage nursing team members in decision-making reflecting a shared governance model of leadership.
5. Supports and provides resources for CNE and other center nurse leaders to assure effective recruitment for qualified staff, interview processes, hiring, on-boarding, and orientation for all nursing team members; may screen and /or interview potential candidates as requested by the CNE;
6. Encourages center to have an active pipeline of nursing candidates;
7. Coaches and collaborates with CNE to appraise nursing team members' engagement and strengths; coach nursing team members in their professional development and support each nursing team member's development and individualized career plans;
8. Creates an environment that recognizes and values diversity;
9. Along with the CNE supports and collaborates with the Nurse Practice Educator (NPE) or Practice Development Specialist (PDS) to assure her/his effective, ongoing development of nursing practice and engagement through education, training and frontline coaching and development of education plan for Center;
10. Supports CNE and center nurse leaders to engage in conflict resolution and performance coaching when needed to mitigate workforce performance issues;
11. Collaborates with the CED to develop, implement, evaluate and update People Plans.
1. In collaboration with the CNE, NPE or PDS and inter professional team members, ensures the implementation of and consistent application of standardized clinical programs, practices, policies and procedures that enhance the quality of patient care;
2. Monitors clinical outcomes to identify trends, successful practices and opportunities for improvement;
3. Identifies and documents best practices for case study and / or outcomes-related education internal or external presentation;
4. Collaborates with CNE on development, implementation and evaluation of the Center's clinical QAPI process.
5. Supports CNE in development, implementation and evaluation of an effective professional practice model to meet the needs of diverse patient populations; recommends improvements;
6. Supports the CNE's independent development, implementation and evaluation of the optimal nursing team workforce/staffing model to meet the nursing needs of the patients and to assure high quality, efficient, cost-effective care; value based purchasing
7. Maintains a working knowledge of Genesis evidence-based clinical practice standards and protocols and the regulatory requirements affecting practice;
8. Demonstrates clinical curisosity and exhibits the value of continuous learning;
9. Supports, provides resources and collaborates with the CNE, CED and the interprofessinal team and other support staffo evaluate and improve timely, safe and effective care consistent with individuals' needs, choices and preferences;
10. Models, coaches and participates as requested and/or as deemed necessary in the organization and leadership of effective clinical meetings, rounds, shift to shift communication and huddles to assure effective patient/resident outcomes;
11. Supports the CNE to implement a learning organization culture through ongoing professional development and support of nursing staff to pursue continuous professional development.
12. Provides input for performance reviews, and promotions based on the accomplishment of established standards that promote adherence to compliance and quality.
1. Promotes the brand of Vitality and level of services associated with a vital culture. Supports a culture of Service Excellence which focuses on the patient experience, and is responsive to patients/families concerns and grievances as indicated;
2. Models effective patient/resident and family-centered communication and coaches staff in service-oriented communication;
3. Proactively identifies any potential concerns/issues that would impact dissatisfaction; provides service recovery directly when needed and directs/coaches CNE and team members in service recovery for dissatisfied customers;
4. Promotes, fosters and encourages CNEand CED professional relationship development with community, regulators/surveyors, payors, and referral sources.
5. Actively supports the CED, CNE, RVP, VPCO and others to develop relationships and strategies for collaboration with hospitals/health systems and home health/hospice and community providers to promote value based care delivery.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited to those within the Compliance Process, Standard/Code of Conduct, Federal False Claims Act and HIPAA.
2. Participates in required orientation and training programs.
3. Promptly reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance to supervisor, Compliance Liaison or to the Compliance Officer via the Integrity Hotline.
4. Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
5. Participates, as requested, in quality assurance and process improvement activities.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 298165
Center Name: Genesis HealthCare