Genesis HealthCare Careers
BI - DB Report Developer (Full Time)
- Collaborates with systems development team members on requirements, design, analysis, and development of dashboards, reports and data extracts
- Experience with and understanding of dimensional data modeling techniques, data warehousing design and concepts, and design of dashboards and KPIs
- Contributes to an overall data management roadmap and establishes processes and standards for governing the identification, collection, and use of corporate metadata
- Proactively assesses and defines governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing data across the organization
- Designs and supports multi-dimensional models, including the construction of data views, dimensions, measures, filters, hierarchies and cubes while adhering to enforced development methodologies.
- Provides data modeling and architecture expertise for various projects.
- Develops and promotes consistent data management methodologies and standards and adherence to best practices
- Responsible for the mapping of data sources, data movement, interfaces, and analytics with the goal of ensuring data quality
- Collaborates with Database Administrator and other team members to understand dimensional requirements and translate into functional specifications
- Develop, maintain and manage reporting, analytics, dashboards and other BI solutions using applicable software including but not limited to SSRS, Jasper or Dundas
- Setup and maintain technical documentation and standards
- Accurately scopes, defines and estimates work effort and resource plan for assigned projects.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills, and group facilitation capabilities
- Functions as an effective team member through good communication and cooperation to meet departmental goals and continually shares knowledge with team members and ensures appropriate knowledge transfer.
- Promotes a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity and innovation.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by managing software/report requests, questions, and issues accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and work in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Develop and maintain database structures that utilize database architectural standards (normalized tables, primary keys, foreign keys, etc.)
- Responsible for writing scripts / creating database projects to create, optimize, and maintain databases, tables, constraints, functions, stored procedures, indexes, etc.
- Provide primary support for the internally developed data repositories
- Ability to develop simple to highly complex reports and data extracts to user specifications
- Perform / participates in code reviews
- Develop technical solutions to support and streamline data reporting requests
- 1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required.
- 2. Minimum 5 years' experience in the IT industry with at least 2-4 years of hands-on work experience in developing solutions such as data marts, reports, dashboards, scorecards using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or higher, SSRS, and SSIS
- 3. Understanding of relational and multi-dimensional database structures and schemas and reporting architectures.
- 4. Experience in conducting data analysis, complex report design/development, and developing data extracts.
- 5. Advanced experience with database technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, and SQL Server
- 6. Ability to gather requirements from users and develop those requirements into reports and/or data extracts.
- 7. Experience with various reporting toolsets which include: SSRS, Jasper, Dundas, and others.
- 8. Strong SQL skills including complex query building and query performance tuning
- 9. Effective problem solving and decision-making capabilities.
- 10. Ability to quickly learn new tools and technology.
- 11. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills conducive to team development.
- 12. Ability to work in an agile, collaborative team-based environment.
- 13. Ability to work under tight deadlines while participating in 1-2 projects at a time and responding to changing business and technical priorities
- 14. Ability to prioritize tasks efficiently with high level of attention to detail
- 15. High level of professionalism, integrity and commitment to quality and a demonstrated initiative and positive can-do attitude.
- 16. Proactively works issues and tasks with minimal guidance while keeping team informed.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 299665
Center Name: Genesis HealthCare