Genesis HealthCare Careers
Assistant Director of Rehab PT (Full Time)
Full Time Position
POSITION SUMMARY: The Assistant or In-Training (IT) Director of Rehab is responsible for assisting the Director of Rehab in the efficient management of rehabilitation services in his/her assigned account(s). This position also assists in integration of rehabilitation services in all settings. The Assistant or IT Director of Rehab supports the delivery of the highest standard and quality of rehabilitation services.
1. Fills in for the Director of Rehab in his/her absence.
2. Assists therapy staff in identifying and removing barriers to treatment and providing clinical education to meet the needs of the patient.
3. Assists in the efficient and profitable management of rehabilitation services in sites of service and home care contracts.
4. Assists in operationally managing Genesis Rehab Services personnel and consultants within facility or home care contracts.
5. Assists the Director of Rehab with conducting or coordinating the timely completion of the annual merit review for therapy staff.
6. Assists in management of therapy staff.
7. Assists in daily staffing and utilization in cooperation with input from treating therapists, consideration of clinical requirements and recommendations from the Regional Clinical Director.
8. Continues direct patient care.
9. Assists the Director of Rehab in meeting budget through revenue enhancement and control of expenses
10. Assists in analysis of financial performance of department.
11. Assists in identification of areas of opportunity for clinical growth in collaboration with Director of Rehab, Regional Clinical Director and Clinical Operations Area Director.
12. Assists in preparation of facility reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
13. Assists Clinical Operations Area Director and Director of Rehab in annual budget preparation.
14. Supports the delivery of the highest standard of rehabilitation services through appropriate utilization of resources, the promotion of clinical programs, and staff development in collaboration with licensed therapists, the Clinical Operations Area Director, and the Regional Clinical Director.
15. Assists Director of Rehab with customer service.
16. Ensures that the clinical management of the rehabilitation department, including oversight related to case management, quality improvement, care planning, clinical utilization, and patient identification is overseen by a licensed therapist.
17. Assists Director of Rehab in ensuring practice act compliance.
18. Attends facility meetings and is responsible for information sharing at facility meetings at the Director of Rehab's direction.
19. Assists with discipline under the Director of Rehab and Clinical Operations Area Director's direction.
20. Complies with and promotes adherence to applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited those within the Compliance Process, Standard/Code of Conduct, Federal False Claims Act and HIPAA.
21. Provides leadership and support for the Compliance Process within management area.
22. Ensures timely and accurate reporting and responses to compliance-related issues and monitors the implementation of corrective action plans related to such issues.
23. Ensures that staff participates in orientation and training programs including but not limited to all required compliance courses and relevant policies and procedures, and that such training is properly documented. Participates in compliance and other required training programs.
24. Provides open lines of communication regarding compliance issues within management area and access to the Integrity Line and ensures that retaliation against staff who report suspected incidences of non-compliance does not occur. Promptly reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance to supervisor, Compliance Liaison or to the Compliance Officer via the Integrity Hotline.
25. Participates in monitoring and auditing activities and investigations, and implementing quality assurance and performance improvement processes, as required.
26. Completes performance reviews and determines compensation and promotions based on the accomplishment of established standards that promote adherence to compliance and quality standards.
27. Upholds the GRS Promises:
I will lead by example by always acting with integrity and honesty. I will expect the same of my staff and team members. I will ensure my actions comply with the standards set forth by our Policies and Procedures Manuals and the Employee Handbook.
I will treat others in the way I would like to be treated. I will appreciate and respect others' beliefs, and I will cherish our diversity.
I will take responsibility for myself in my actions and my quality of work. I will hold others to those same standards.
be actively engaged
I will make a conscious effort to be a leader in our community. I will actively check email and will check RehabCentral regularly to keep up-to-date on important information, and I will encourage my staff to do the same. I will be aware of and utilize the numerous resources available to me as a manager and an employee.
take pride in my work - my company
I will be proud of the work I have done each and every day. I will always represent my company in a positive, professional manner both inside and outside of work.
I understand that change is a necessary part of life. I will approach change with a positive attitude and a determination to succeed, and my actions will serve as an example for my staff. I will attentively guide my staff through changes and support them in overcoming obstacles.
I will communicate in an appropriate, professional and timely manner, and I will provide explanations along with my instructions. I will promote open, two-way communication between employees at all levels. I will strive to be an active listener by making an effort to hear not just the words another person is saying but, more importantly, understand the total message being conveyed.
be supportive - approachable
I will offer encouragement and support for my staff and will be constructive when giving feedback. I will view mistakes as opportunities to teach, not to criticize. I will regularly round with my staff on a one-on-one basis to discuss what is going well and what is not, and I will attentively respond to concerns.
I will encourage growth for my staff, my company and myself. I will help my staff work toward their professional goals by showing them the abundant resources our company has to offer. I, too, will work to further develop myself as a leader and a professional. I understand that by fostering an environment where employees can grow, I will be developing the future leaders of the organization who will be vital to the successful growth of the company as a whole.
I will contribute to a positive work environment where my team members and I enjoy coming to work and celebrating each other's successes.
28. Performs other related duties as required.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 300424
Center Name: Genesis Rehab Services