Genesis HealthCare Careers
Subject Matter Expert - Leadership and Administration (Casual/Per Diem)
POSITION SUMMARY: A subject matter expert (SME) is responsible for developing content and resources that may include topic outlines, narrative scripts, case studies, and learner knowledge checks to support learning outcomes for the assigned educational activity. The SME works under the guidance of the respective Curriculum Director and insures the content is accurate, evidence based, and reflects current best practices in the topic area.
1. Under the guidance of the Curriculum Director and Instructional Designer, develops core content and supplies source materials, reference items, and supplemental resources as needed to support learning outcomes.
1.1 Completes a job task analysis, as needed, to determine the knowledge, skills, and abilities (competencies) required to perform a job task.
1.2 Creates instructional content including but not limited to course material, handouts, knowledge checks and examinations; competencies, labs, learner guides, facilitator or proctor guides and organic learning material to reinforce the learning while on the job. Participates, as requested and available, in production activities related to content.
1.3 Reviews resources to ensure that subject matter is presented accurately and consistently throughout all components of the educational activity.
1.4 Incorporates first-hand field knowledge (anecdotal stories, case studies, best practices, tips and/or "tricks-of-the-trade") that can be shared with others to improve knowledge exchange and transfer, while abiding by HIPAA and confidentiality regulations. Always adheres to confidentiality regulations.
1.5 Uses language appropriate to the audience, avoiding jargon and abbreviations.
2. Assists the instructional design team in the development process.
3. Consults with Curriculum Director and Instructional Design team to confirm accuracy of content and to resolve issues that occur during review of content.
4. Provides source materials and reference items for use in GRS Academy program and courses.
5. Adheres to U. S. and international copyright laws and guidelines.
6. Fully participates in the assigned project from start to finish.
7. Meets all agreed-upon turnaround times for deliverables and deliverable reviews.
8. Upholds the GRS Promises:
I will lead by example by always acting with integrity and honesty. I will expect the same of my staff and team members. I will ensure my actions comply with the standards set forth by our Policies and Procedures Manuals and the Employee Handbook.
I will treat others in the way I would like to be treated. I will appreciate and respect others' beliefs, and I will cherish our diversity.
I will take responsibility for myself in my actions and my quality of work. I will hold others to those same standards.
be actively engaged
I will make a conscious effort to be a leader in our community. I will actively check email and will check RehabCentral regularly to keep up-to-date on important information, and I will encourage my staff to do the same. I will be aware of and utilize the numerous resources available to me as a manager and an employee.
take pride in my work & my company
I will be proud of the work I have done each and every day. I will always represent my company in a positive, professional manner both inside and outside of work.
I understand that change is a necessary part of life. I will approach change with a positive attitude and a determination to succeed, and my actions will serve as an example for my staff. I will attentively guide my staff through changes and support them in overcoming obstacles.
I will communicate in an appropriate, professional and timely manner, and I will provide explanations along with my instructions. I will promote open, two-way
communication between employees at all levels. I will strive to be an active listener by making an effort to hear not just the words another person is saying but, more importantly, understand the total message being conveyed.
be supportive & approachable
I will offer encouragement and support for my staff and will be constructive when giving feedback. I will view mistakes as opportunities to teach, not to criticize. I will regularly round with my staff on a one-on-one basis to discuss what is going well and what is not, and I will attentively respond to concerns.
I will encourage growth for my staff, my company and myself. I will help my staff work toward their professional goals by showing them the abundant resources our company has to offer. I, too, will work to further develop myself as a leader and a professional. I understand that by fostering an environment where employees can grow, I will be developing the future leaders of the organization who will be vital to the successful growth of the company as a whole.
I will contribute to a positive work environment where my team members and I enjoy coming to work and celebrating each other's successes.
1. Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in business administration, organizational development, or related area, Master's or Doctorate preferred.
2. 3+ years of recent (within the past 2 years), relevant experience working in the subject matter area.
3. A minimum of 2 years' experience as an educator, facilitator, or trainer in this subject matter area preferred.
4. Must demonstrate in-depth technical expertise and a thorough understanding of the topic area.
5. Experience working in the scope of practice for the assigned subject matter.
6. Must be able to work in a shifting environment with ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Position Type: Casual/Per Diem
Req ID: 300461
Center Name: Genesis Rehab Services