Genesis HealthCare Careers
Assistant-Qual Med Admin Pers (Full Time)
POSITION SUMMARY: The QMAP Personal Care Assistant provides assistance to patients as required with basic activities of daily living to support an independent lifestyle.
1. Works well with customers; shows understanding and patience.
2. Receives and gives report of on-coming and off-going shifts by oral and written log.
3. Assists patients with showers, baths, grooming, dressing, toileting, and nail care as needed, and assists patients with activities of daily living as described on individual care plans.
4. Informs supervisor of changes in customers' conditions and needs. Documents these observations thoroughly and communicates any changes to other staff, family members, physicians, therapists, and responsible parties as appropriate per Center policy.
5. Answers call lights and responds appropriately.
6. Provides personal services for the customers in a professional and efficient manner.
7. Performs dining room duties and assists with dining needs of customers.
8. Performs housekeeping duties and maintains a neat and professional environment.
9. Makes both occupied and unoccupied beds, per customer service plans.
10. Follows medication administration procedures as established by the Center.
11. Performs narcotics counts at the beginning and end of the shift with the offgoing and oncoming staff, respectively.
12. Orders medications from pharmacy following Center policies.
13. Checks MARs for errors and notifies supervisor following Center policy.
14. Pulls expired medications or discontinued medications, prepares for drug destruction.
15. Assists patients' relatives, visitors, and guests as needed.
16. Maintains a positive and professional environment and projects a calm and competent image.
17. Adheres to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when bending, lifting, and using equipment.
18. Concerns him/herself with the safety of all customers in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also ensures that the location adheres to the legal, safety, helath, fire, and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the site's fire, safety, and disaster plans and current SDS.
19. Puts customer service first. Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere and recognizes individuals' needs and rights.
20. Ensures the privacy of patients is maintained according to HIPAA standards and Center policy.
21. Complies with the dress code and maintains a professional appearance and demeanor that encourages a positive and nurturing environment for the patients, families, vendors, and visitors.
22. Attends all mandatory meetings, trainings, and inservices as directed by supervisor.
23. Performs other duties as requested.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 302744
Center Name: PowerBack Rehabilitation, Lafayette