Genesis HealthCare Careers
Analyst-Processing (Full Time)
* Proficiency in the use of PeopleSoft HRMS.
* Knowledgeable in Genesis Health Centers policies and procedures as they relate to payroll processing.
* Act as a liaison between the Business Units and the Human Resource Regional Managers to reconcile any discrepancies with the interpretation of company policies and procedures.
* Knowledge of all phases of payroll processing, including an understanding of the daily, weekly and monthly time frames and deadlines.
* Knowledge of tax withholding requirements, including multi-state and local tax related issues.
* Respect and maintain the sensitive nature of confidential payroll data.
* Assist Supervisor with special projects as needed. This includes but is not limited to acquisitions, audits, year end processing, conversions and system upgrades.
* Review and approve all employee electronic and manual payroll maintenance. Audit all changes, additions and deletions to insure that they adhere to Genesis Health Ventures policies and procedures and that the proper authorization is in place.
* Review and load electronic employee hour files submitted by the Business Units. Reconcile the time entry detail to insure the information entered is accurate and balances to the information submitted by the Business Unit.
* Provide customer service support to the Business Units' payroll bookkeepers to resolve any employee compensation issues.
* Interpret garnishment and wage attachment court orders. Insure that withholdings and remittances are in compliance with court orders.
* Activate, maintain and deactivate employee direct deposit accounts.
* Communicate with banking institutions regarding stop payments, direct deposit inquires and reversals.
* Analyze requests for voiding a pay check and process any necessary voids and replacement checks.
* Process all supplemental wages such as Full Life Awards, Personal Use of Company Car, Disability Payments and Tuition Reimbursement.
* Work in cooperation with the Benefits and 401(k) departments to resolve and research issues relating to employee benefits which may affect employee paychecks.
* Interpret union contracts to insure that the proper union dues withholdings and wage rates are in compliance with the contract.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 302922
Center Name: Genesis HealthCare