Genesis HealthCare Careers
Nurse-LPN MDS Coordinator (Full Time)
POSITION SUMMARY: The Nurse-LPN/LVN MDS Coordinator participates in the Resident Assessment Process through completion of the pertinent items on the Minimum Data Set (MDS) and the accompanying Care Area Assessments (CAAs).The MDS Coordinator also directs the Resident Assessment Protocol Summaries (RAPS). Participate in developing individualized resident Care Plans, identifying the needs of the resident and projected outcomes; as required by Federal and State regulations. He/she monitor nursing services to ensure that resident's needs and rights are met and promptly reports to the Administrator and maintains written records of all resident complaints and grievances.
1. MDS/RAI Care Plan Functions. Direct the facility interdisciplinary RAI process while following HHC guidelines for completion, computer encoding and electronic State transmission of the MDS.
2. Complete nursing assigned MDS items, RAPS and Care Plans as designated by HHC.
3. Participate in the resident Care Plan Meetings.
4. Train new members of the IDT on clinical content and electronic completion of the applicable MDS items,
5. RAPS and writing of individualized resident Care Plans.
6. Participate in the daily Morning Meeting per HHC guidelines.
7. Print Nursing Home Quality Indicator Reports from the State data base every month and as requested by the facility Director of Nursing.
8. Highlight Quality Indicators that are above the 75th percentile, the 90th percentile and triggered Sentinal Events, and distribute to the facility Director of Nursing and Administrator.
9. Maintain resident confidentiality and privacy; treat residents with kindness, dignity and respect; know and comply with and ensure that all nursing services personnel know and comply with Resident's Rights rules;
10. Physical and Sensory Requirements (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices): Ability to communicate with residents and personnel and ability to remain calm under stress.
11. Maintains on-site regular attendance as scheduled.
12. Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited those within the Compliance Process, Code of Conduct and HIPAA.
13. Provides leadership and support for the Compliance Process within management area.
14. Promotes adherence to applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures as specified within the Compliance Process, Code of Conduct, Federal False Claims Act and HIPAA within management area.
15. Distributes compliance-related materials within management area.
16. Ensures timely and accurate reporting and responses to compliance-related issues and monitors the implementation of corrective action plans related to such issues.
17. Ensures that staff participates in orientation and training programs including but not limited to all required compliance courses and relevant policies and procedures, and that such training is properly documented.
18. Provides open lines of communication regarding compliance issues within management area through the Four Step Reporting Process and access to the confidential disclosure program reporting lines and ensures that retaliation against staff who report suspected incidences of non-compliance does not occur. Reports concerns and suspected incidences of non- compliance using the 4-Step Reporting Process.
19. Participates in monitoring and auditing activities and investigations, and implementing quality improvement processes, as required.
20. Completes performance reviews and determines compensation and promotions based on the accomplishment of established standards that promote adherence to compliance and quality standards.
21. Participates in compliance and other required training programs.
22. All other duties as assigned.
1. Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited to those within the Compliance and Ethics Program, Standard/Code of Conduct, Federal False Claims Act and HIPAA.
2. Participates in required orientation and training programs.
3. Promptly reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance to supervisor, Compliance Liaison or to the Compliance Officer via the Integrity Hotline.
4. Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
5. Participates, as requested, in quality assurance and process improvement activities.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 305396
Center Name: Canyon Transitional Rehab Center