Full-time, 40 hour position, requires on-call coverage evenings and weekends that can be shared with the maintenance assistant. Hours are flexible Monday through Friday 7am - 5pm, this center is looking for coverage into the 5pm hour. Position requires snow removal of sidewalks and around perimeter doors with shovel/snowblower. Position requires general maintenance knowledge, specific licensure(s) are not required, life safety and proven positive vendor reltionship building is preferred. This position does require working knowledge of microsoft word and excel as well as Gmail and Google Suite documents and spreadsheets. In addition, a working knowledge of budgets including processing, guildlines, and tracking calculations is preferred. Cellular phone or cellular phone reimbursement is provided as the phone must available 24/7 for oncall coverage and the cellular phone is used for documenting, tracking, and logging work orders. Comfort level with technology is required. Prior healthcare experience in a hospital or nursing facility is preferred but will consider a candidate that has strong general maintenance and computer operating systems knowledge. Qualified candidates should apply to this position online and forwarding a copy of resume and cover letter to email@example.com . $18.00 per hour but pay scale commensurates with experience.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the maintenance operation of the center, and he/she is responsible for performing repairs and maintenance on equipment. Other responsibilities of the Maintenance Supervisor include ordering and requisitioning supplies and equipment as needed, and performing regular daily, weekly and monthly maintenance checks, as shown on Preventive Maintenance Calendar. The Maintenance Supervisor follows established safety rules and policies and procedures of the maintenance department, keeps required records and submits them to the Administrator and Property Manager when required, and cooperates with other employees and department heads.
1. Coordinates and provides for the completion of corrective and preventative maintenance of the grounds and building in a timely manner;
2. Maintains the building in good repair and free of hazards such as those caused by electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling systems, etc.;
3. Maintains the building and grounds in compliance with Federal, State, and local laws;
4. Maintains the fire alarm and emergency generator system in good working order, performs test on fire alarm and emergency generator system weekly and keeps required records of test results;
5. Performs preventative and corrective equipment maintenance;
6. Maintains required records and reports as outlined in the policies and procedures of the Maintenance Department;
7. Participates in budget planning for the Maintenance Department;
8. Orders and requisitions supplies subsequent to Administrator's approval;
9. Attends Department Head Meetings and sits on required committees;
10. Remains on call for emergencies 24 hours a day;
11. Performs other responsibilities, as may be required, and as directed by the Administrator;
12. Concerns his/herself with the safety of all center customers in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the center adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the center's fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current MSDS;
13. Assigns work assignments and duty schedules;
14. Remains on call for emergencies seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day;
15. Puts Customer Service First: Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights;
16. Performs other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High school degree or equivalent and basic training in electrical, plumbing, heating and HVAC systems.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 317617
Center Name: Pheasant Wood Center