1. Conduct pre-admission assessments to gather clinical and financial information in order to provide a quick response to patient referrals from hospital case managers, physicians and managed care organizations.
2. Collaborate with Discharge Planner(s) to prioritize referrals and identify patients for transition.
3. Encourage meaningful collaboration with hospital-based case managers on risk factors and care plans, expanding concentration of marketing focus on external relationship development beyond bed availability.
4. Identify new opportunities for growth partnering by promoting new service offerings, offer solutions for target populations, provide rationale for increased patient bed-side access to complete risk assessments and initiate care plan.
5. Educate hospital staff, including Emergency Department physicians, of nursing centers' clinical capabilities and appropriate patients for return to skilled nursing facility.
6. Visit patient/family bedside to complete assessments for risk identification and initiation of appropriate care plan.
7. Monitor business contacts, referrals, admissions, re-admissions and dispositions and communicate changes in trends or referral patterns to appropriate staff and management.
8. Perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with state-specific Nurse Practice Act(s) and in accordance with basic principles and guidelines of professional nursing.
9. Maintain a working knowledge and adhere to applicable federal/state regulations including, but not limited to, laws related to patient confidentiality, release of information and HIPAA.
10. Interact in a manner which is professional, respectful, positive, customer-focused and which promotes trust.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 318052
Center Name: Genesis HealthCare