1. Assumes responsibility for specific customer tasks as assigned by the charge nurse. The Charge Nurse will supervise all Care Assistant tasks.
2. Tasks related to admission of the customer:
2.1 Mark personal items (glasses, dentures, clothing , other items as assigned)
2.2 Completes an Inventory List of Personal Items.
2.3 Assist customer to fold, hang and place personal items in drawers and closets
3. Tasks related to transfer/discharge of customer:
3.1 Pack clothing and other personal items.
3.2 Transport to other locations.
3.3 Remove name tags and other identifying items for room.
3.4 Strip the bed.
4. Tasks related to meals:
4.1 Deliver trays.
4.2 Transport customer to the dining room to designated seating assignment.
4.3 Prepare tray (opens cartons, checks for utensils, butters bread, cuts meat).
4.4 Feeds customers who do not require the skills of the C.N.A., removes trays and returns them to the tray cart.
4.5 After food percentages and/or I-O is completed by the C.N.A., removes trays and returns them to the tray cart.
4.6 Collects clothing protectors and table linens and places in the appropriate soiled receptacle.
4.7 Passes ice and fresh water.
4.8 Transports from the dining room to appropriate activity.
5. Tasks relating to bed making:
5.1 Makes only unoccupied beds.
5.2 Secures clean linens from the linen cart.
5.3 Deposits soiled linen in the soiled linen receptacle.
6. Tasks related to transport after the customer has been transferred to a wheelchair or stretcher by the C.N.A:
6.1 To activities
6.2 To hairdresser
6.3 To therapy
6.4 To dining room
7. Tasks related to personal appearance for selected customers:
8. Tasks related to customer service:
8.1 Reports to the charge nurse any unusual occurrence.
8.2 Waters customers plants.
8.3 Opens and reads customers mail as requested by the customer.
8.4 Reads to the customer (books, newspapers)
8.5 At the customer's request, assists to organize and straighten contents of bed side cabinet, closets and drawers to provide a neat, orderly environment.
9. Task related to cleaning. Does not clean blood or body fluids from surfaces:
9.1 Notifies C.N.A. and /or nurse if any body fluid spills on the floor.
9.2 Cleans the unit pantry.
10. Tasks related to collecting and transporting specific items:
10.1 Collects reports.
10.2 Transports records, charts and other items.
10.3 Obtains items from supply room that is not on the unit.
Position Type: Part Time
Req ID: 318080
Center Name: Pocahontas Center