Position is primarily 12:30pm-8pm during the week and every other weekend from 10 am to 5:30 pm, about 18 hours per week.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Recreation Assistant assists in the planning, organizing, and directing activity programs for customers. Recreation services will include physical, creative, cognitive, social, spiritual, and community programs in accordance with customers' needs. The Recreation Assistant contributes to the documentation of customers' progress toward their goals and response to the recreation plan.
1. Assists in planning and promoting recreation based on the needs and interests of the customer
2. Encourages social communication through group recreation
3. Provides programs in all recreation component areas on an individual and group basis
4. Assists customers with participation in religious programs
5. Assists customers with leisure recreation
6. Provides individual intervention to identified customers and non-participants of group programs
7. Provides input into the design of monthly recreation services
8. Documents customer attendance and participation level at recreation programs, writes progress notes, and attends care plan meetings as appropriate
9. Attends appropriate in-service training programs
10. Assists in the maintenance, storage, and use of the recreation department supplies
11. Performs other responsibilities as directed by the Recreation Director
12. Assists with set up of volunteer program and appreciation
13. Assists in transporting customers to and from recreation programs
14. Assists with admission assessments, Clinical responsibilities: MDS, care plans and progress notes
15. Assists with customer council's purpose, attendance, and outcomes
16. Facilitates community interaction programs
17. Puts Customer Service First: Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights
18. Performs other duties as requested.
Position Type: Part Time
Req ID: 320205
Center Name: Mifflin Center