Oak Grove Center, a Genesis Healthcare facility, in Waterville, ME is looking for a compassionate, caring, and dedicated full-time Social Services Director to join our team. If you have questions, please contact Beth Weymouth, HR Manager, at 207-873-0721, ext 230, or email@example.com.
Genesis is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services from short-term to long-term care and a wide variety of living options and professional clinical services. We are changing how care is delivered by bringing together people like you -- passionate, highly skilled and motivated to make a difference.
Join our team as Director of Social Services and foster an environment that enables our patients to maximize their well-being and overall quality of life. In this role, you will plan, develop, organize, evaluate and direct the overall operation of the Social Services department in accordance with the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) Code of Ethics and federal, state and local guidelines. You may supervise a staff of up to 2 employees.
- Collaborates with social services staff, interdisciplinary team, and administration to promote and protect patient rights, dignity, independence and psychological well-being
- Maintains good working relationships with center employees, meeting with administration and nursing staff to collaborate and plan
- Assures a comprehensive Psychosocial Assessment is completed for each patient that identifies social, emotional, psychological needs and strengths.
- Educates patients and families regarding their rights and responsibilities, health care decision making/advance directives, effective problem solving, and available community resources
- Provides therapeutic interventions to assist patients to cope with their transition and adjustment to a long-term care facility and to address behavior or mood problems
In business since 1985, strong, stable Genesis has a culture of compassion, and a commitment to integrity, employee appreciation, and career paths for our employees.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 323212
Center Name: Oak Grove Center