The Benefits Specialist will have the responsibility for maintaining employees' medical, dental, disability and life insurance enrollments and eligibility in accordance with company procedures and external regulations.
1. Understands all benefit plan offerings for regular and bargaining unit employees:
a. Medical -- PPO plans, HMO grandfathered plans, medical plans for non Genesis employees
b. Dental -- Managed - PPO plans
d. Flexible Spending Accounts -- Medical and Dependent Care
e. Basic Life, Universal Life, Term Life
f. Voluntary AFLAC products -- STD, Personal Accident, Critical Event, Hospital Confinement
g. Modified Comp
h. Time off benefits -- Vacation, personal, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
2. Entering the employees' medical, dental and life insurance enrollments.
3. Collects and reviews back-up documentation for all dependents added to health plans and also for audits to confirm dependent eligibility. Dependents that are no longer eligible will be removed from coverage and the employees will be advised of the change, along with any possible financial consequences. Collects and approves documentation required to cover domestic partners. Explains taxing requirements for all deductions for health insurance when covering domestic partners
4. Processes QMSCOs Court Mandated Benefit Attachment deduction payments
5. Reviewing and submitting payroll deductions.
6. Providing inquiry resolution to all Genesis facilities and Corporate/Regional Offices regarding Employee Benefits.
7. Assisting in employee benefit presentations and annual meetings at various facilities and locations.
8. Auditing for benefit policy adherence.
9. Assorted data entry functions.
10. Verify and input employee insurance enrollments to ensure system integrity.
11. Check enrollment forms for completeness with the use of payroll records.
12. Provide support to Benefit Vendors, Genesis Benefit Designee's and employees.
13. Quality Assurance for COBRA
14. Demonstrates care and compassion to ensure that all internal and external customers consistently receive the highest quality of service.
15. Shows respect and appreciation to others.
16. Works with a positive attitude, demonstrating teamwork and enjoyment for the job.
17. Demonstrates focus and discipline to in doing the best job possible.
18. Exhibits honesty and integrity in all aspects of the job.
19. Performs all other duties as requested.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 325806
Center Name: Genesis HealthCare