FULL TIME POSITION
POSITION SUMMARY: The Benefit Verification Specialist collects benefit data from various payers and compiles data into a format that is comfortable for staff to translate to the patient(s).
1. Completes patient insurance benefit verification requests in a timely manner, as requested from the rehab departments.
2. Completes verifications via insurance call centers and insurance online website information.
3. Communicates with staff regarding information reported on the patient insurance benefit verification.
4. Updates ROX according to benefits received.
5. Ensures ROX has accurate information for billing purposes.
6. Communicates with the Authorization team accordingly.
7. Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited to those within the Compliance Process, Standard/Code of Conduct, Federal False Claims Act and HIPAA.
8. Participates in required orientation and training programs.
9. Promptly reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance to supervisor, Compliance Liaison or to the Compliance Officer via the Integrity Hotline.
10. Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
11. Participates, as requested, in quality assurance and process improvement activities.
12. Upholds the GRS Promises:
I will always act with integrity and honesty, and expect others to do the same. I will ensure my actions comply with the standards set forth by our Policies and Procedures Manuals and the Employee Handbook.
I will treat others in the way I would like to be treated. I will appreciate and respect others' beliefs, and I will cherish our diversity.
I will take responsibility for myself in my actions and my quality of work. I will hold others to those same standards.
be actively engaged
I will make a conscious effort to be an active part of our community. I will check email and RehabCentral regularly to keep up-to-date on important information. I will be aware of the numerous resources available to me as an employee.
take pride in my work & my company
I will be proud of the work I've done each and every day. I will always represent my company in a positive, professional manner both inside and outside of work.
I understand that change is a necessary part of life. I will approach change with a positive attitude and will work with my team members to overcome any obstacles associated with change.
I will communicate in an appropriate, professional and timely manner. I will strive to be an active listener by making an effort to hear not just the words another person is saying but, more impor¬tantly, understand the total message being conveyed.
strive for excellence
I will continuously work to grow and develop myself as an employee. I will ask for assistance if I need it, and I will be open to receiving feedback from my manager.
I will contribute to a positive work environment where my team members and I enjoy coming to work and celebrating each other's successes.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 325996
Center Name: Genesis Rehab Services