POSITION SUMMARY: Manages, maintains, evaluates the Center Labor Management Process according to the Genesis Labor Management Policy, Center Pay Practices and any collective bargaining agreements to optimize clinical, financial, and human resources operating results. Controls Nursing Department Labor Spend using GenSTAR Scheduling and Timekeeping software to:
* Minimize avoidable premium pay (overtime and agency) through effective scheduling strategies.
* Ensure Nursing HPPD is at the appropriate budgeted level and volume-adjusted schedule changes are made while balancing optimal utilization of employees with consistent quality care and labor spend.
* Ensure Nursing Salary Expense is at the appropriate budgeted level by evaluating potential leakage daily, weekly and prior to Payroll distribution to minimize overpayment of premium pay through effective timekeeping and payroll strategies.
The Scheduling Manager leads Center Labor Management Team by proactively managing the center's labor management performance against Key Performance Indicators for Yesterday and Tomorrow Process: 24 hour, 72 hour, 1-week, 2-week and 4-week Schedules. This employee must take initiative to call upon necessary resources to address root cause issues. This position supports all non-Nursing Departments' Labor Spend using GenSTAR Scheduling and Timekeeping software. This employee also serves as primary Center contact for all Center Department Heads and Supervisors in Labor Management Policy, Process and Supporting Technology.
1. Manages the Labor Management process in the center based on established daily, weekly, bi- weekly, monthly routines to ensure employee and customer satisfaction.
2. Maintains center coverage at all times. Reviews and tracks requests for time off. Coordinates scheduling changes with management. Secures advance approvals for booking Agency staff.
3. On a weekly basis, communicates open shifts to Staffing Services to fill temporary staffing needs that cannot be filled by center employees.
4. Serves as liaison with Staff with respect to work schedules. Negotiates schedules balancing center's staffing needs, employee schedule preferences, and financial performance.
5. Personally responds to emergency situations and call-offs to ensure center coverage. When not available to respond, ensures all Unit Managers are briefed daily on the call-off protocol to ensure adequate response and coverage.
6. Minimizes open positions and optimizes employees' schedules by performing Position Control Analysis in collaboration with Director of Nursing. Communicates position control results -- open positions - to Administrator and Recruiting.
7. Maintains records of Nursing certifications/licensure to meet scheduling requirements.
8. Reconciles Nursing timecard by 10 am daily and approves timecards by payroll cut-off for payroll and/or invoice processing. Makes necessary corrections.
9. Conducts proactive daily, weekly, prior to payroll distribution reviews to minimize salary expense leakage. Understands Center pay practices and ensures appropriate utilization. Reviews timecards daily to ensure proper authorization of time adjustments and overtime. Reviews and resolves payroll report exceptions prior to payroll distribution.
10. Ensures all Department Heads electronically approve payroll hours daily.
11. Maintains confidentiality with respect to all employee information including but not limited to schedule preferences, rates, and payroll.
12. Orients new employees to Labor Management Policy, Procedure and supporting technology. Communicates Center's expectations of the employee's role in optimizing their schedules to meet the Center's needs.
13. Acts as Back-Up to Center Payroll and Benefits Designee.
14. Performs all related duties as requested.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 326006
Center Name: Brandywine Hall