1. As necessary or applicable, supervision of CFYs temporary licensees, students and support personnel in accordance with state licensure requirements and professional standards.
2. Responsible for adherence to department and patient treatment schedule, timely clinical and billing documentation requirements as well as work related meetings.
3. Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences and other related meetings.
4. Makes referrals to other disciplines, agencies in order to address the comprehensive needs of the patient.
5. Consults with other members of the rehabilitation team and the physician to select the most appropriate therapeutic regimen consistent with the needs and capabilities of each patient.
6. Adapts program and/or plan of care according to the needs of the individual patient.
7. Promotes a safe environment and enforces the elimination of fire and safety hazards.
8. Orders supplies and equipment as necessary.
9. Cleans, maintains, identifies, and reports the need for repair of equipment, as necessary.
10. Puts Patient Service first, ensuring that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individual's needs and rights.
11. Screens, examines and evaluates patients, including history, systems review, and application of appropriate tests and measures, synthesis information and interprets examination findings in order to establish a diagnosis, identify impairments, determine the predicted level of improvement and the time required to achieve it, identify precautions/contraindications and design and plan of care. Develops appropriate treatment goals and methods in collaboration with the patient and caregivers, implements the speech language pathology treatment plan, and completes all related documentation and record keeping regarding these services. Services include but are not limited to application of therapeutic techniques in areas such as:
* speech intelligibility
* oral motor skills
* swallowing disorders/dysphagia
* perceptual abilities
* psychosocial expression
* functional communication
* case management skills in the home and community
12. Coordinates the acquisition of adaptive communication devices and instructs patients in their use.
13. Facilitates identification of hearing deficits and appropriately refers for assessment, diagnosis rehabilitation and/or personal amplification.
14. Selects appropriate activities suited to the individual's physical and mental capacity, intelligence level and interest.
15. Instructs patient in the skills and techniques required for participation in therapeutic activities, and evaluates patient progress, attitudes and behavior as related to rehabilitative potential.
16. Performs routine reexamination as needed/required to modify/progress plan of treatment.
17. Coordinates care in the home and community with other members of the interdisciplinary team in collaboration with the referring physician.
Upholds the GRS Promises:
I will always act with integrity and honesty, and expect others to do the same. I will ensure my actions comply with the standards set forth by our Policies and Procedures Manuals and the Employee Handbook.
I will treat others in the way I would like to be treated. I will appreciate and respect others' beliefs, and I will cherish our diversity.
I will take responsibility for myself in my actions and my quality of work. I will hold others to those same standards.
be actively engaged
I will make a conscious effort to be an active part of our community. I will check email and RehabCentral regularly to keep up-to-date on important information. I will be aware of the numerous resources available to me as an employee.
take pride in my work - my company
I will be proud of the work I've done each and every day. I will always represent my company in a positive, professional manner both inside and outside of work.
I understand that change is a necessary part of life. I will approach change with a positive attitude and will work with my team members to overcome any obstacles associated with change.
I will communicate in an appropriate, professional and timely manner. I will strive to be an active listener by making an effort to hear not just the words another person is saying but, more importantly, understand the total message being conveyed.
strive for excellence
I will continuously work to grow and develop myself as an employee. I will ask for assistance if I need it, and I will be open to receiving feedback from my manager.
I will contribute to a positive work environment where my team members and I enjoy coming to work and celebrating each other's successes.
18. Performs other related duties as required.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 326944
Center Name: Genesis Rehab Services