The Dining Services Supervisor reports to the Administrator or Dining Services Director in smaller centers and assists the Director in planning and supervising activities of the department to provide service to customers, employees, and visitors. The Dining Services Supervisor assists in providing technical guidance and administrative direction over food planning, menu, and serving of meals, and in the direction and training of staff.
1. Ensures responsibility for the quality and quantity of food served;
2. Adheres to all sanitary and food safety regulations governing handling and serving of food;
3. Oversees that meals are prepared and served on schedule;
4. Oversees tray line/mean distribution to ensure accuracy and customer satisfaction;
5. Investigates trends and developments in dietary, practices and techniques, and evaluates their adaptability to dietary programs;
6. Develops, revises, and adapts work techniques and methods for more efficient operation of unit and for training employees;
7. Prepares and serves food in accordance with national standards and administrative policies within budget allowances;
8. Maintains accurate records and reports;
9. Conducts test trays, sanitation audits, customer visitation, admission interviews, quarterly resident interviews
10. Offers assistance and input to Dining Services Director during both the performance appraisal and disciplinary process for dietary staff;
11. Conducts performance appraisals and disciplinary procedure;
12. In-services/orients, trains and develops staff to maintain a high level of performance;
13. Puts Customer Service First: Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in an attentive and responsive atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights;
14. Performs other duties as requested.
NOTE: These duties become the responsibility of the assistant in the absence of the Dining Services Director. At other times, this position is supervisory and duties are at the discretion of the director.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 327665
Center Name: Linwood Center