POSITION SUMMARY: Material contributor to the development, implementation and support of the learning management system within Genesis. The LMS Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the LMS including the management of internal and external data and content, contributing to ongoing system improvements, coordinating resolution of system issues, generating reports, and assisting learners with troubleshooting. Active participant in all of the project and platform activities and tasks. The individual will act as a consultant to provide best practices and technical guidance for appropriate setup, configuration, implementation, and communication of eLearning initiatives. He/She should have a thorough understanding of learning platforms and expect to become an expert to troubleshoot any technical difficulties. He/She will actively participate in the design, development, testing, and overall support of all LMS features/enhancements/upgrades. The ideal candidate can quickly and efficiently locate information, solve problems or roadblocks, and swiftly determine solutions.
- Collaborate with the business subject area experts, content creators and instructors to transition their existing learning and training content into a learning experience. Work across all business lines to ensure proper setup and system support for complex learning activities/programs within the LMS.
- Reconfigure existing learning/training to work within an online learning platform. Define program and course structure, transition content to an online format, define course activities, and consolidate course related information into the course (e.g. reference materials, instructor notes, web-links). Recommends best practice solutions to any request or related issues within the LMS and learning activity configurations.
- Develops and maintains standardized LMS operational processes and procedures, guidelines and documentation and ensures LMS governance model is being followed.
- Actively participate in, and overtime manage, all Scrum events including the daily scrum, backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint demos, and sprint retrospectives.
- Take technical ownership for the online content assigned, managing it through the entire life-cycle; development, QA, testing, production and related changes and enhancements. Must be able to project management your assignments end-to-end.
- Communicate with 3rd parties on the acquisition, integration and/or coordination of their content into the LMS environment.
- Develop expert level skills in the LMS platform, eLearning and authoring technology, and general HTML, image, audio, and video editing technology, covering all aspects of online education development and maintenance.
- Provide technical support for the business' use of the eLearning and authoring technology tools. Provide training and operational support, as needed.
- Provide support for LMS administration, including catalog management, security management, technical interface support, and LMS use by authorized 3rd parties. Also provides technical support to all user communities which includes e-mail, phone support and training mailbox inquiries.
- BS or BA Degree required.
Minimum 3 years experience working in LMS administration and support.
- Proven knowledge and technical skills in the use and implementation of: a) eLearning authoring tools, such as: Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, etc. , b) HTML, image, audio, and video editing technology. (Java Script and CSS strongly preferred.) c) Knowledge and understanding of SCORM 1.2, AICC, and/or xAPI .
- eLearning experience in a healthcare business or for healthcare customers preferred.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 331715
Center Name: Genesis HealthCare