FULL TIME NURSE AIDE INSTRUCTOR NEEDED IN THE LANGHORNE, PENNSYLVANIA AREA
Genesis is looking for an EXTRAORDINARY RN to become our Full Time Nurse Aide Instructor for multiple centers in the Langhorne, PA area. If you are this EXTRAORDINARY RN and would love to learn more about this Job Opportunity with Genesis, please submit your profile and attach your resume.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Nurse Aide Training Instructor oversees the program, including planning, implementation, evaluation, and onsite review of the nursing assistant training at the nursing centers. He/she is responsible for assuring regulatory compliance with state and, federal guidelines and adherence to the philosophy and mission of Genesis HealthCare.
1. Plans, develops, teaches and coordinates the certified nursing assistant programs for Genesis employees e.g., orientation, N.A training.
2. Participating in development and evaluation of the training program.
3. Implementing the approved training program.
4. Supervising classroom laboratory experiences.
5. Evaluating student performance in the classroom.
6. Providing supervision and clinical evaluation of each trainee at the clinical training site.
7. Supervises and monitors nursing assistant students throughout evaluation period.
8. Assists in the prescreening of CNA candidates as applicable.
9. Assists management in evaluation of job performance of nursing assistant employees.
10. Directs and/or assists in development and implementation of nursing center orientation/ mentoring for the CNA training program. E.g. GNAS and unit manager mentoring.
11. Makes center rounds in all customer care areas to assist with maintaining quality nursing assistant services rendered.
12. Directs the implementations of clinical updates with the per diem CNA's.
13. Develops nursing in-service programs each calendar year which includes State/Federal mandatory in-services; teaches CPR as applicable.
14. Assists with completion of initial personnel files for employees as needed and provides to Staffing.
15. Participates in interdepartmental meetings as needed.
16. Puts Customer Service First: Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individual's needs and rights.
17. Performs other duties as requested.
1. Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited to those within the Compliance Process, Standard/Code of Conduct, Federal False Claims Act and HIPAA.
2. Participates in required orientation and training programs.
3. Promptly reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance to supervisor, Compliance Liaison or to the Compliance Officer via the Integrity Hotline.
4. Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
5. Participates, as requested, in quality assurance and process improvement activities.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. The Nursing Assistant Instructor must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with current registered nurse licensure by the State Board of Nursing. BSN preferred. (Review State Specific Requirements)
2. Maintain current CPR certification.
3. A minimum of two years full-time or equivalent clinical experience is required and a minimum of one year of clinical experience in long-term care/geriatric nursing with one year in a management/administrative or supervisory capacity is preferred.
4. Provide evidenace of having completed Pennsylvania's Teach the Educator Workshop.
5. Previous experience teaching adults is recommended.
6. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs.
7. Must provide verification of TST (tuberculin skin test) as required by state law and in accordance with Company policy. TSTs will be administered at the work site if required.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 345861
Center Name: Genesis HealthCare