Are you an experienced Messaging Engineer with a blended background of working with Office 365
and the Google Suite? Do you have strong scripting experience you can bring to the job? Do you
want an industry that offers security and a company that is well positioned for the future? Genesis
is looking for you!
The Sr. Messaging Engineer will be the main point of contact for anything related to administration and support of messaging applications. The ideal candidate will have a blended background in Office 365 and G-Suite, and at least be proficient in one of the two.
Resolves and appropriately completes assigned cases and change requests and acts as an escalation for support issues.
Applies new solutions through research and collaboration with the team and determines the course of action for new application initiatives. Implements new software solutions as required by the business.
- Drive Architecture and Engineering initiatives for the Messaging environment, including cloud based initiatives.
- Administer, manage and maintain the GSuite ecosystem
- Strong expertise in email, email infrastructure, mail transfer protocols, mail access protocols, email security, spam, phishing and virus protection.
- Versed in Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, cloud solutions architecture, related technologies and their interdependencies
- Maintain and administer mobile device management (MobileIron).
- Quickly responds to incidents and requests within a ticketing system, providing resolution within a complex, fast-paced business environment
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years experience with multiple email systems including Exchange, Office 365 or GSuite
- 5+ years of senior-level (tier 2 or 3) administration and engineering experience in an enterprise IT environment, having performed operational and break/fix activity along with engineering and design
- Perform scripting administration tasks and reporting using PowerShell or other scripting technology, developing scripts for automating processes
- Support users and Support staff with issues related to connectivity to the messaging systems, that includes support for Outlook, GMail, message tracking and message relays
- Highly motivated self-starter interested in constant improvement.
- Highly organized individual.
- Strong communication skills and a team player comfortable interacting with various internal and external groups.
- Preferred candidates will possess a background in project management.
- Serve on a weekly on-call rotation.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 349405
Center Name: Genesis HealthCare