POSITION SUMMARY: The Nursing Unit Assistant In Training non-certified works under the direction of the licensed nurse and assists the nursing staff. This position collectively gathers the visual experience of becoming a CNA,/GNA,/LNA,/STNA through the roles and responsibilities as outlined in the following job description. The position provides nonpatient care activities while achieving positive clinical outcomes and patient/family satisfaction. He/she will perform various no patient care activities and related non-professional service essential to caring for the needs and comforts of patients.
1. Required to practice skills during training i.e., mouth care, bathing, foot care, perineal care (Peri Care), assist with bed pans and many other essential skills. Once the Unit Assistant becomes certified by a state board licensure the roles and responsibilities will then apply hands on care to the residents.
2. Manages patient personal belongings by marking and bagging individual items
3. Ensure water pitchers are changed regularly by assisting with hydration process
4. Makes unoccupied beds;
5. Partners with the caregiving team to assist in gathering supplies for care and assuring efficient care delivery;
6. Ensures patients are ready for scheduled rehab therapy and transports patients to rehab area;
7. Notifies licensed nurse if patient identification is missing;
8. Assist with the dining program as assigned.
9. Uses Standard precautions when entering rooms for all residents. Adheres to Contact and/or Droplet Precautions as indicated;
10. Collects and bags soiled linen and delivers to dirty linen area;
11. Obtains clean linens and supplies from supply areas, cleans utility rooms, kitchen areas and all other nursing areas, as assigned;
12. Transfers patient's belongings and equipment as directed;
13. Promotes a culture of safety to ensure a healthy practice and living environment;
14. Contributes to an environment that is respectful, team-oriented, and responsive to the concerns of staff, patients and families;
15. Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive Protected Health Information (PHI) at all times;
16. Must be age 18 or older and accompanied by an instructor, to use the mechanical sit to stand lift machine.Performs other duties as requested.
1. Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited to those within the Compliance Process, Standard/Code of Conduct, Federal False Claims Act and HIPAA.
2. Participates in required orientation and training programs.
3. Promptly reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance to supervisor, Compliance Liaison or to the Compliance Officer via the Integrity Hotline.
4. Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
5. Participates, as requested, in quality assurance and process improvement activities.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 349583
Center Name: Sedgewood Center