POSITION SUMMARY: Covering PA & NJ centers. To facilitate and support the development and implementation of clinical initiatives within the network by integrating customer service standards as a means to validate outcomes. The Director of Clinical Operations works with the regional team to provide clinical leadership to Center staff and ensure appropriate care delivery. This position oversees the Clinical Operations Managers, and works to ensure that Center nursing practice is in compliance with state nurse practice acts and that nurses meet state and Genesis standards of practice for an RN and LPN. Additional duties include:
1. Participate in the development of a continuous quality improvement program which identifies and evaluates process and positive outcome standards as a means to measure and evaluate care and customer service.
2. Support the development of management at all levels within the Genesis HealthCare organization which will impact organizational efficiency through education, program development, evaluation and validation of stated outcomes.
3. Responsible for the orientation, training, education and supervision of Clinical Operations Managers that support centers in the maintenance of individual location standards, and provide ongoing support and service to the customers.
4. Develop a system for communication and coordination of resources within the centers and network which supports the interdisciplinary approach to providing quality of care to all customer groups.
5. Monitor the clinical components of reimbursement systems to maximize the census mix through the evaluation of documentation and other indicators.
6. Provide orientation and ongoing support to new Directors of Nursing, which incorporates managerial and clinical support to effectively assess center strengths, and develop systems which will maximize those strengths and minimize weaknesses as an integral part of an ongoing quality improvement process.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. The Director, Clinical Operations must be a graduate of an approved school of nursing with a license as a Registered Nurse.2. A B.S. or a B.A. degree is preferred.3. The candidate must be A.N.A. Certification in Gerontology Nursing eligible.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 349640
Center Name: Genesis HealthCare