1. Installation, maintenance, and configuration of VMware ESX and vCenter.
2. Provide direction in the growth and architectural design of the Windows/VMWare System technical
3. Administer Windows/VMWare backup and disaster recovery operations in support of all related
4. Experience in administering Windows Server 2008/2012 and Active Directory.
5. Support server builds, software installation, application configuration, production code promotion,
monitoring, and troubleshooting activities.
6. Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for
systems and software in conjunction with end-users and department managers.
7. Hand-on experience developing system automation using scripting/programming languages
including but not limited to Powershell, VBS and Visual Studio.
8. Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
9. After-hour support for on-call and code promotion activities.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Management
Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
2. 5+ years of experience with VMWare ESX Server required.
3. 5+ years of enterprise level systems engineering experience (at least 100 servers with a
combination of physical/virtual environments)
4. Experience with Citrix XenApp and NetScaler is required.
5. A strong working knowledge of the relationships and interactions between a Windows server
infrastructure and Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, Windows Clustering, SAN storage is
6. Experience with Powershell or other development platforms is preferred.
7. Interpersonal communication skills to interact with customers, vendors, team members and
8. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
9. Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing work requirements
10. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
11. Available for after-hour on-call support and code promotion activities.
12. Collaborates with network engineering, operations support personnel, application developers as
needed for problem resolution escalation
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 316802
Center Name: Genesis Physician Services