This position performs paralegal support work for members of the Law Department managing professional and general liability. This position requires the individual to have experience with civil litigation, including service of process, discovery, motions practice, subpoenas, and trial/arbitration preparation.
1. Supports in-house staff and outside counsel on matters of professional and general liability in multiple jurisdictions.
2. Manages discovery needs of in-house staff and outside counsel by facilitating the production of documents and information by serving as a liaison to center operations and several departments within the organization.
3. Reviews discovery responses proposed by outside counsel to ensure accuracy and consistency.
4. Prepares reports, correspondence and legal documents under the direction of in-house counsel.
5. Assists in the production of medical records and facilitates the centers' production of records and information as necessary.
6. Coordinates availability of witnesses for interviews, depositions and securing verifications or certifications as needed.
7. Assists with other departmental projects, as assigned.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. College degree preferred; Paralegal Certification or equivalent preferred 2. Experience in paralegal support and civil litigation required
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 316980
Center Name: Genesis HealthCare