The Staff Accountant role is the ideal entry level accounting position for a recent accounting/ finance bachelors program graduate.
Responsible for preparing monthly journal entries, account analyses, reconciliations and analytical reviews of assigned general ledger accounts. Responsible for the completeness, accuracy and integrity of assigned general ledger accounts.
In accordance with departmental performance standards, provide level of service to all levels of staff and customers.
- Consistently present the Inpatient Shared Accounting Services team and its capabilities in a positive manner and adhere to guidelines and procedures as established by the Company.
- Maintain the completeness, accuracy and integrity of the assigned balance sheet accounts for all assigned entities.
- Prepare journal entries and post after supervisor review.
- Record center accruals and adjustments if applicable.
- Review preliminary Balance Sheet and Income Statement Accounts and make necessary corrections for supervisor review and subsequent posting.
- Perform monthly reconciliation and analysis of assigned general ledger accounts.
- Supply supporting schedules and allocate corporate journal entries to other company divisions on a monthly basis.
- Participate in department monthly review of accounts for timely delivery of high quality financial statements.
- Support Financial Analysis process as needed.
- Prepare quarterly analysis in support of consolidated regulatory reporting requirements.
- Prepare account analysis for supervisor review in connection with the annual audit.
- Document issues relating to account analysis in appropriate tools in order to coordinate communication to customers including Center Administrator, Business Office Staff, Regional Vice Presidents -- Operations, other Departments and Accounting Operations Staff.
- Verify completion of all tasks by preparing monthly Financial Controls Checklist for review by supervisor or appropriate manager
- Provide customer support.
- Perform other duties including special projects as assigned.
- Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited to those within the Compliance and Ethics Program, Standard/Code of Conduct, Federal False Claims Act and HIPAA.
- Participates in required orientation and training programs.
- Promptly reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance to supervisor, Compliance Liaison or to the Compliance Officer via the Integrity Hotline.
- Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
- Participates, as requested, in quality assurance and process improvement activities.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 320304
Center Name: Genesis HealthCare