Working under the direction of the Director of Nursing or RN designee, the LPN Nurse Practice Educator functions as a practitioner, consultant, educator and facilitator for all nursing staff focusing on the following areas:
* Nurse Orientation,
* Nurse Education,
* Competencies Evaluation and Maintenance with the exception of RNs,
* Infection Control (including Employee Health), and
* Clinical PCC implementation.
Key to this role is identification of staff learning needs followed by implementation and evaluation of programs.
1.1 Supports general orientation by providing safety training as per the Welcome Program for all employees and department specific orientation for nursing staff.
1.2 Monitors nursing employees throughout their individualized orientation period.
1.3 Provides oversight of the nursing orientation and mentoring program for all licensed nursing staff.
1.4 Provides oversight of the CNA orientation and mentoring program for all CNA staff.
2. Nurse Education:
2.1 Implements education programs in response to staff needs and teaches staff current accepted patient care and center practices;
2.2 Performs rounds on units to:
2.2.1 Review clinical issues and monitor/observe to identify care delivery/clinical skills educational needs;
2.2.2 Assist nurses in identifying change in resident condition and implementing appropriate follow through;
2.2.3 Identify clinical educational needs of nursing staff;
2.2.4 Provide education through demonstration and return demonstration for specific skills/procedures.
2.3 Maintains in-service records on all nursing employees;
2.4 Directs implementation of nursing policies and procedures;
2.5 Oversees and coordinates the implementation and education for all nursing programs and facilitates the connection with appropriate Area and Corporate nursing resources (e.g., Wound Specialists, etc.)
2.6 Develops an annual nursing education calendar to include State/Federal mandatory in-services;
2.7 Coordinates and teaches Nurse Aide courses, where applicable;
3. Competency Evaluation and Maintenance (with exception of RNs):
3.1 Assists in evaluation of performance of new nursing personnel;
3.2 Performs annual competency testing and evaluation;
3.3 Clinically appraises nursing staff performance to identify areas for education;
4. Infection Control and Employee Health:
4.1 Provides oversight of the Center's Infection Control program;
4.2 Provides oversight to Employee Health Program to include:
4.2.1 Administering and tracking of PPD and Hepatitis vaccine for all employees;
4.2.2 Administering and tracking of influenza immunizations for all employees;
4.3 Serving as the "responsible" person for employees who become injured during hours when the NPE is present;
4.4 Ensuring that an "Initial Health Survey" is completed for all new Employees.
5. Clinical Point Click Care (PCC) Implementation:
5.1 Educates nursing staff in the application of PCC to the nursing process;
6. Enhances nursing practice by attending all mandated in-service programs and other GHC and outside professional education programs;
7. Functions as nursing administrative on-call, as scheduled;
8. Stays and works beyond scheduled shift if needed to meet state staffing requirements and/or needs of patients;
9. Performs other duties as requested.
1. Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited to those within the Compliance and Ethics Program, Standard/Code of Conduct, Federal False Claims Act and HIPAA.
2. Participates in required orientation and training programs.
3. Promptly reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance to supervisor, Compliance Liaison or to the Compliance Officer via the Integrity Hotline.
4. Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
5. Participates, as requested, in quality assurance and process improvement activities.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 331666
Center Name: Brier Oak on Sunset