Are you a motivated, responsible, reliable, and caring person who has wanted to break into the nursing field? If so, apply today to join our sponsored C.N.A. course provided by Genesis HealthCare Meridian Center.
We will sponsor you to attend training and become a Certified Nursing Assistant and Join the dedicated and caring Genesis Team.
Candidates must be able to attend coursework February 17, 2020 through May 14, 2020 and be available to work full-time on either 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, or 11pm-7am shift chosen by the center.
All full-time employees are required to work every other weekend, holidays and have reliable transportation to Guilford Community College at either Jamestown Campus, Greensboro Campus or High Point Campus to be considered for the Nursing Program.
We will have more class details after 01/28/20.
The Nursing Assistant program consists of 202 hours of classroom and clinical studies and takes approximately three months to complete. Completion of the program qualifies you to sit for the N.C. State Nursing Aide examination and if successful leads to placement on the NC Nurse Aide I Registry.
Spaces are limited please submit your profile today to reserve your spot in our next class.
If you would like to schedule an interview call Tina Robinson at 866-352-7048 or send an email to Tina.Robinson2@GenesisHCC.com.
Under the direction of a licensed nurse, the Resident Care Attendant delivers efficient and effective nursing care while achieving positive clinical outcomes and resident/family satisfaction. He/she will function within the standards of practice as accorded by his/her Certification. The Resident Care Attendant performs various resident care activities and related non-professional services essential to caring for personal needs and comfort of residents.
1. Provides resident care in a manner conducive to safety and comfort. Resident care includes, but is not limited to:
2. Assist resident with or performs Activities of Daily Living (ADL);
3. Obtains and records Vital Signs and weights per policy;
4. Assists residents with ambulation and transfers;
5. Positions residents in correct body alignment in and out of bed;
6. Applies adaptive equipment as ordered;
7. Cares for personal belongings;
8. Assists physician and/or licensed nurse with treatments and procedures as needed;
9. Makes both occupied and unoccupied beds;
10. Accompanies residents when transported outside the center for appointments as requested;
11. Ensures residents are ready for scheduled therapy and transports resident to meals and to outside appointments;
12. Participates in the Service Plan process and implements care according to Service Plan;
13. Performs skin care treatments, as permitted by state regulation and Service Plan;
14. Feeds or assists residents with meals and provides additional nourishment and hydration per Service Plan;
15. Records resident's ADL Performance;
16. Answers call light or bell promptly, delivers messages, cleans areas of spillage or accidents;
17. Uses Standard precautions when caring for all residents. Adheres to Contact and/or Droplet Precautions as indicated.
18. Participates in the orientation of new nursing assistants/aides;
19. Reports changes in resident's condition, resident/family concerns or complaints to charge nurse and/or supervisor;
20. Collects and bags soiled linen to be laundered;
21. Assists with the orientation of newly hired Resident Care Attendant /Aides;
22. Promotes a culture of safety to ensure a healthy practice and living environment;
23. Collaborates and coordinates with other departments to provide timely effective care consistent with the individual's needs, choices and preferences;
24. Contributes to an environment that is respectful, team-oriented, and responsive to the concerns of staff, residents, and families;
25. Participates in quality improvement activities as requested;
26. Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive Protected Health Information (PHI) at all times;
27. Stays and works beyond scheduled shift if needed to meet staffing requirements and/or needs of residents;
28. Performs other duties as requested.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 331976
Center Name: Meridian Center