The Attending Physician's primary reporting relationship is to the VPMA. The Attending Physician is also accountable to both the Center's Administrator and Medical Director due to their legal and regulatory responsibilities.
1. Take complete responsibility for patients admitted to their service
2. Comply with the Genesis Physician Services (GPS) credentialing process
3. Visit assigned patients in a timely fashion according to GPS policy and procedure.
4. Comply with guidelines related to GPS initiatives.
5. Comply with the Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff.
6. Comply with the Genesis Corporate Integrity policies.
7. Assess the customer and ensure that a complete history and physical examination are on the chart within 48hrs after the admission.
8. Deliver high quality care to assigned patients.
9. Review Clinical Outcomes Report (COR) with the Center Medical Director and act to improve the care in the facility.
10. Serve as an appropriate role model for other physicians and staff.
11. Help articulate the Genesis HealthCare® mission to the community and professional organizations.
12. Help the organization establish appropriate relationships, and coordinate transfer and care arrangements with area hospitals and other pertinent institutions.
13. Demonstrate care and compassion to ensure that all internal and external customers consistently receive high quality service.
14. Comply with the GPS Time Off and On Call policies.
15. Perform other duties as assigned
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 332037
Center Name: Genesis Physician Services