Genesis HealthCare, a national leader in the healthcare industry with over 70,000 employees and nearly 400 facilities, is currently hiring a Care Transition Nurse/Clinical Hospital Liaison to drive and support the referral process for major accounts in the Baltimore City area.
This position provides the unique opportunity to leverage your clinical knowledge with your ability and desire to build relationships with patients, family members and key healthcare decision makers in the region. Make an immediate impact on the quality of life and care of those making critical post-acute care decisions.
In this highly visible and rewarding position you will:
- Conduct pre-admission assessments to gather clinical/financial information in order to provide a quick response to patient referrals from hospital case managers, physicians and managed care organizations.
- Collaborate with Discharge Planner(s) to prioritize referrals and identify patients for transition.
- Encourage collaboration with hospital-based case managers on risk factors and care plans, expanding concentration of marketing focus on external relationship development beyond bed availability.
- Identify new opportunities for growth partnering by promoting new service offerings, offer solutions for target populations, provide rationale for increased patient bed-side access to complete risk assessments and initiate care plan.
- Educate hospital staff, including Emergency Department physicians, of nursing centers' clinical capabilities and appropriate patients for return to skilled nursing facility.
- Visit patient/family bedside to complete assessments for risk identification and initiation of care plan.
- Monitor business contacts, referrals, admissions, re-admissions and dispositions and communicate changes in trends or referral patterns to appropriate staff and management.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:1. RN License in state in which employment occurs and willingness to obtain licensure in additional states requested, BSN preferred 2. Valid driver's license. 3. Five to seven years of recent clinical experience. 4. Expert working in automated, highly competitive environments navigating multiple applications to source patients, communicate acceptance and analyze case while synchronizing data in GHC internal systems to communicate internally regarding patient status. 5. Excellent written, verbal, listening, and communication abilities.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 332638
Center Name: Genesis HealthCare