THE LODGE SENIOR LIVING CENTER IS HIRING A FULL TIME COOK. Do you love to cook, are you reliable, are you looking for a fun place that you will love to work at? Then we would like to talk to you.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Cook is responsible for preparing and cooking a wide variety of food for customers, employees and visitors. He/she prepares food according to recipes and plans cooking schedules to meet mealtime schedules. In addition, the Cook performs related duties and cleaning duties, as assigned. The Cook directs other dietary employees in the absence of the Food Service Director and the Assistant Food Service Director.
1. Handles and prepares food in accordance with sanitary regulations;
2. Prepares palatable and appetizing meals;
3. Meets required meal schedules;
4. Takes necessary measures to avoid food waste;
5. Properly cares for dietary equipment and production sheets;
6. Follows menus and can follow instructions;
7. Communicates freely with the Food Service Director;
8. Cooperates with other dietary staff and center personnel;
9. Puts Customer Service First: Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights;
10. Performs other duties as requested. MUST PASS BACKGROUND CHECK.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. Ability to read, write, speak and follow written and oral directions in the English language. 2. High school diploma or equivalent. 3. Experience in institutional food handling is preferred.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 334023
Center Name: The Lodge